Tweevening

had to get up at 0800 for my niece’s nativity thing

she was a cute shepherd + I got a few nice photos, but it was just some songs and not a play! shame

was gonna stay up and cycle into Manchester to do xmas stuff + take my violin to be looked at. was so nice out.

but had to go back to sleep. I’ve been up past 6am for weeks now and barely managed 4hrs

2 Likes

went to go and check in on a house for someone earlier. turn the taps on and that. they’ve got like, 3 living rooms and no tellies. the sofas are just arranged around fireplaces.

fuckin’ rich people, man.

5 Likes

I did donuts in their drive its that big, too.

7 Likes

I hope you’ve not joined the Wet Bandits?

9 Likes

Just been watching a choir on the rich people’s green and the owl was joining in :face_holding_back_tears: How can just one street from mine be such a disgusting Christmas film.

1 Like

Paul McCartney was good. There, I said it!

2 Likes

Evening

Finally got my Idlewild ticket for tomorrow so sat listening to The Remote Part

:musical_note:and if all this wisdom is true then I doubt it could really have come from you :musical_note:

Anyone here going?

4 Likes

Can’t believe I’ve still got three days of work left to endure.

Does also leave the very real question as to when i can wrap presents/get the house ready for the weekend.

Just sat down to watch the football, pondering a beer but i still have a cold and it may be better to just keep my powder dry.

1 Like

You’re gonna have a blast

Would definitely be there if it didn’t clash with Mogwai over here - silly bit of scheduling imho

Mogwai can’t even be bothered writing words for most their songs

3 Likes

Also did see them doing RP at Connect fest, though it was a paltry audience as it was vs The National

Think I went to a 15 year anniversary of it too so, I’m well stocked for Idlewild memories. But they’re on great form lately so have a time and find a diser to pint with!

Gonna have a couple of negronis to compare one from the barrel and normal

2 Likes

Confused Terry Riley and Terry Hall earlier

Watching TOTP 1978 and I think it might be the worst ever year of music.

A negroni… Sbagliato. With prosecco in it.

• I understand this reference
  • U fuckin wot

0 voters

Not much difference barrel one seems mellower

1 Like

Alright? Had my parents over for a little (actually not little at all) festive buffet, which was very nice. Very tired now but might drink a couple more beers and get into my santa suit ready for DiSmas tomorrow.

1 Like

Really into this atm too

Nice bit of stressy work deadlines to end the year with :grimacing:

Pretty confident I should be able to do everything in time, but until it is done, I’m always a bit anxious about it. Ah well. It’s only work. Work is only one part of my life and on the other is… oh fuck christmas shopping is only mostly done

I don’t remember what life was like before I had permanent allergy symptoms all day everyday