Twin Peaks (Rolling)

Thought that one was better left to the ages tbh!

:smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was making a different point but realised it wasn’t making sense in words, which is when I clicked reply instead of cancel. D’oh.

Shakes head

4 Likes

Totally agree!

Ep 6

[spoiler]Literally said FFS at the first frame of the show. Fucking get on with it!!!

Thankfully it picked up from there though. Loved the one armed man, that was pure twin peaks. Diane! The mill! Fat trout! Carl! Heidi!
Holy shit that kid…
Fucking hell those murders!

Shit music to end again and too much dougie, but probably my favourite episode so far.[/spoiler]

1 Like

Haven’t watched it yet but I did dream a whole Twin Peaks episode last night, so maybe I’ll compare the real thing with my dream tonight.

Was the caterpillar from A Bug’s Life a character in the real one, too?

Ep 6

[spoiler]Thankfully stuff happened this episode! That kid getting run over was so grim. Did laugh when Albert called Gene Kelly a motherfucker :grin: OMG Diane! Harry ruddy Dean ruddy Stanton and the trailer park!

Think it felt like the most Lynchian episode yet, the banality of the narrative juxtaposing the intensity of the even. That scene where that savage murderer is sad at his bent ice pick in particular. What’s on the toilet notes Hawk?![/spoiler]

1 Like

Yeah felt the most ‘twin peaks’ to me as well which is a very good sign for where it’s going.

2 Likes

Still really enjoying it. It’s getting there innit. Can’t believe we’re nearly a third of the way in and not much has happened.

2 Likes

Dunno how mucy more of dougie i can take though. Get on with it, David!

2 Likes

Yeah it was agonising 2 episodes ago, now it’s getting annoying. Naomi Watts can do one as well.

1 Like

I like her but she’s not very good in this is she :confused:

2 Likes

also another reason it felt more like twin peaks. MUSIC!!! FINALLY!!!

1 Like

[spoiler]This track has definitely been my favourite musical moment from the series so far:

(Trouble - Snake Eyes)

Quite enjoyed the use of Dave Brubeck’s Take Five over Coop’s pancake breakfast too. Anyone else got any others?
[/spoiler]

1 Like

I quite like dougie

3 Likes

Dougie is getting annoying, but it seems like it might be finally going somewhere!
I liked the bit with the hit and run and the magic drug deal, but a lot of the episode was tedious imo

1 Like

Ep6

Think this is probably my least favourite so far. Still loving it, think the excitement has just started to wane a little bit.

Really not sure how to feel about Diane showing up. I definitely don’t feel like “omg finally we get to see her, this is amazing” kinda liked that she was never seen, a mystery.
Carl and the Fat Trout tho - having that. All day long. Brutal scene with the hit & run
Still really fucking frustrated that everyone is so blase about ‘Dougie’ like, there’s clearly something wrong with him, stop acting like he’s just in a bit of a daze. Also, it’s really old now. Get old coop back already. Did enjoy his boss’ reactions to the drawings though, strangely enough.
Will fight anyone who says they didn’t like Sharon Van Etten in the roadhouse.

4 Likes

Yeah, I liked the first four episodes but the last two have started to drag a bit.

1 Like

Finding it weird that this was some people’s least favourite episode.

best so far for me.

1 Like

Someone on Reddit deciphered the top line of the note as saying “I keep going over it in my head, trying to understand. Oh, Annie.”

1 Like