Twin Peaks (Rolling)

Someone on my FB joking that David Lynch might have got some ideas from this

the image of Lynch watching this repeatedly is a very warmly amusing one

lol no

1 Like

Loved that. Pretty much exactly what you’d want Lynch / Twin Peaks to be like in 2017.

5 Likes

Desperately want to watch Linclone (2014) now.

1 Like

I thought it was jack bauer’s dad bloke

This looks good. ‘I like to get lost in another world’, yeah, no shit Dave.

1 Like

Can someone tell me how to do spoiler text? Don’t want to stir up the nest.

Click on the cog button:

Three options should appear including the function to blur spoilers - hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Shouts to @WizardLizard for being the oracle of knowledge

Episode 7: Pleased to see a lot more of Twin Peaks. Less Dougie and happy we got to see the full contents of the diary pages, without Lynch drip-feeding us over another 4 eps.

Episode 8: …aaaaand we’re back to weird. My concern is that Lynch is asking more questions than he’s answering at the moment. Hopefully all the stuff with the giant, the lady, the weird machine, the Laura Palmer orb etc will actually get explained, instead of leaving us to ponder the “meaning” behind them.

1 Like

since when does he ever explain stuff? :smiley:

1 Like

That’s basically what I meant. At the moment, for me, golden orbs and hybrid frog-moths aren’t understandable.

No bother at all!

With episode 8, [spoiler]I was more in awe of the (at times) terrifying visuals than looking to try and understand the meaning behind everything…

Thoroughly enjoyed how tense that opening car journey was too! [/spoiler]

1 Like

I can’t remember what episode I’m on so I don’t wanna scroll through everything and be scared to click on all those blurs, but just wanna say how amazing some of mysteries turn out to be - like with Jacoby’s golden shovels. Just when I thought tv couldn’t really surprise me anymore, Lynch comes to the rescue! Love that man.

Hmm although we haven’t seen Shaggy since he was imprisoned;
they’ve dropped in on the characters investigating the headless corpse a couple of times. I think most recently in episode 6/7? When one of the woodsmen was lurking about in the corridor of the morgue…

1 Like

it felt like he was answering some of the questions, to be honest, or at least giving some background info. Yeah there’s an even bigger rabbit hole to go down, but it was at least in part a Bob origin story.

1 Like

[quote=“feedthecollapse, post:711, topic:7400”]
but it was at least in part a Bob origin story.
[/quote]

Surely that’s just speculation at the moment?

So the ‘evil’ was created following the creation of the atomic bomb and manifested itself in the loss of innocence in 1950s America.

Fair enough like but I didn’t need to sit through an hour of it.

i can see why people would jump to that conclusion but it’s terribly simplistic and doesn’t really tally with a lot of other stuff they’ve already said.

book spoiler: the first part of the book is about pioneers in the northwest stumbling across owl cave and learning about dugpas and evil spirits, etc. so i don’t buy that for a second.

1 Like

Didn’t look anything like Donald Sutherland. :wink: