Twin Peaks (Rolling)

Yeah alright, I mean she wasn’t Bob FFS, I mean as a normal person, not supernaturally so. I always found her to be completely amoral and dangerous :smiley:

That’s her whole deal! She’s completely manipulative.

1 Like

Yup, and I’m not a fan of this sort of person. I consider them be pretty fucking low.

in the original series she’s certainly capricious but her schemes fall flat on numerous occasions, it’s not like she’s a total sociopath. probably makes sense that she’s grown up to be kind of shrewd but i dunno, i kinda wanna forget that scene even happened.

1 Like

It’s deeply odd. If there’s no margin given for her to act in any other way with other’s I’ll simply admit that Lynch’s seeming issues with portraying women and his supposed professional issues with Fenn have combined to do the audience and fans a massive disservice.

Think you’re reading a lot into one quite short scene Theodore.

their beef (if there was any beef) was partly coz of how she acted on set, and partly coz of things she said to the press after the fact. i find it pretty unlikely he’s pulled scenes of her out or changed the content of them or anything. audrey was never a central character, she’s not in FWWM coz she has no real place in it. there’s plenty of other characters who haven’t been in this much or at all either.

1 Like

Well yes, but it’s all we’ve got and it’s the first scene in the new Peaks so I think it warrants some looking at, particularly given how iconic a character she is.

I mean I’m running off having read those two articles I posted, so if you think I’m reading quite a lot into it you should see how much they did!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say she was amoral. She certainly liked to fuck people over, but generally it was people like the department manager who was certainly not a virtuous man. So to me she was like an agent of justice that worked in the world’s own skewed way. Of course I might’ve forgotten if she’s been straight up evil. And she certainly has her issues!

Here’s the episode ‘titles’ for the remaining episodes:

13. What story is that, Charlie?
14. We are like the dreamer
15. There’s some fear in letting go
16. No knock, no doorbell
17. The past dictates the future
18. What is your name?

haha, last episode title seems to confirm Dougie up until the end!

2 Likes

spoiler your spoilers man ffs!

I mostly find those articles interesting in how many people (especially those with a more negative outlook) focus on the mundane aspects of the series that really probably doesn’t matter. I’m not sure knowing who Billy or Tina are we really add much to an already intentionally vague scene.

Nah, titles have been real curveballs in terms of actual context thus far to the point where it seems like they’re deliberately trying to feck with people.

Of course, that doesn’t necessarily mean Coop comes back next episode or anything…

1 Like

Is it on at midnight tonight then???

some other showtimes listed here:

1am then i guess

Nope, still on at 2am. Ffffuuuuu

fucking hell!

James got a fucking roadhouse performance!

2 Likes