Twin Peaks (Rolling)

Get yourself trapped in the virtual red room for 25 years

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ericallenhatch/status/1052338618155655173

4 Likes

Anybody else been noticing this McDonald’s advert at bus stops?

Something something something McDoppelgangers (that’s the best I put I can come up with)

2 Likes

That chevron pattern has become really popular in recent years. It’s a weird one because I’m almost 100% certain that Twin Peaks is part of the reason for it, but that it’s not a mega explicit connection like, say, Stranger Things and synthwave music or whatever

1 Like

Not just the pattern tho, it’s also got the owl symbol, coffee, and maybe that wood is Douglas Fir!

But ye there’s a lot of that pattern about, I’ve learned the hard way that it’s not a marker of a TP fan you can strike up conversation with.

1 Like

oooohh yeah

hadn’t spotted the other stuff

the chicken mcnuggets are not what they seem

seriously the batch is fucked up, there’s a goddamn hoof in there

3 Likes

6 Likes

oh that’s good

Weird how clearly you can see Mr. C just in Cooper’s walk to the bathroom in the season 2 finale

Rewatched FWWM. It’s pretty smart that, given lodge time and all that, that film kind of works as a sufficiently closed ending to the whole thing, no matter what else is explored in season 3 or any possible future stuff

I’ve only seen FWWM once (I think my reaction is somewhere else in this thread, watched it shortly before season 3). I haven’t watched the missing pieces yet. Might do a full rewatch over Christmas.

FWWM is a sensory attack though at times, stuff like the traffic scene with Leland, Laura and Mike is so aggressive. Can’t think of much else in film that’s really like that in the same way.

2 Likes

Christ, yeah. Lynch does tense better than anyone.

1 Like

Like the bit in S3 when Bobby is outside the diner after the gunfire and the woman is beeping her horn incessantly while he tries to deal with it. Nothing is really happening, but it’s almost unbearable.

8 Likes

For a complete rewatch of everything is there a better order than the date of release…?
or would it be better to watch S3…(only seen once) then rewatch the older stuff (watched many times) :thinking:

Can we all agree that S3 is a work of genius yet?

11 Likes

oh for sure. need to rewatch it as I thought some of it was bogged down by plot lines I didn’t get/want to see…

also think I need to watch it by myself at my own speed (3 or 4 episodes at a time rather than 1 a week)

Guys I ain’t seen FWWM ever :see_no_evil: I’m waiting for them to release the whole series on Blu-ray before watching that and season 3 again.

Only watched part 1 of the third season in my rewatch so far. Didn’t have the same thrill to it, but it was interesting how - watching it this time on the back of having rewatched everything - the Twin Peaks sections feel more like the original show than I remember them feeling first time round. Looking forward to everything picking up a bit more in the subsequent episodes.

They have haven’t they? Or do you mean all 3 in one box?