Twin Peaks (Rolling) BE CAREFUL WITH SPOILERS

eggs
tv

The Dougie stuff turned out to be one of my favourite strands when I rewatched it. Think it’s because all my expectations had been swept away and I was just left to enjoy it without the constant sense of nagging anticipation making me impatient!

5 Likes

Dougie Jones may be the single greatest thing in Twin Peaks, his entire appeal is how fucking angry and frustrated he made me, while also being the best bit of bants in 2017 full stop.

7 Likes

Him reaching to touch anything is becoming an automatic inducer of laughter and joy for me

Especially during the news report

1 Like

Rewatching the last two tonight. Expect a wanky post w my interpretation and all that

3 Likes

Hadn’t noticed that Dale seems to be the audience for Julee Cruise’s credits song

1 Like

Started rewatching this.

I take back all I said, its proper great (only 5 eps into first series)

1 Like

30 years to the day that our boy Dale rolled into Twin Peaks to sniff out crime! (In-universe)

1 Like

The comedy bits are a bit naff tho

Music of series 2 on vinyl for record store day:

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2019/ost-twin-peaks-angelo-badalamenti-and-david-lynch/

quite liked the Secret History but this has done me

2 Likes

Two episodes left of the original run guys

1 Like

Oh yeah I started a rewatch of this and it is a) a masterpiece and b) Lynch’s best work

don’t @ me

4 Likes

Is this gonna feature in hgwir???

Kinda hope not, because I might actually smash up my computer when it gets 2.53

7 Likes

yeah it will eventually, not sure whether to count all three seasons together or count the new one separately?

Tricky one. I guess I’d argue that as you’ve separated out alan partridge series, it would make most sense to treat 3 as distinct.

2 Likes

even the first 2 are rated very differently :confused:

2 Likes

Oh no, does this mean we’re getting a GoT one in the coming months :expressionless:

Really want to do a rewatch of 3 but the wife isn’t keen and I don’t know how I’ll get the amount of hours in to watch it consistently. Don’t really fancy watching an episode a week, would rather blast through it after eking it out originally.

1 Like

^This

1 Like

Just put it in at the top of the spreadsheet with a 5 I reckon, no voting necessary

3 Likes