Twin Peaks (Rolling)

Agree with this broadly but have to say that the James and Evelyn stuff is still unforgivably shit

This fkn joker tho redeems everything

7 Likes

“Twin Peaks: The Png”

2 Likes

I roughly split season two into thirds – first third is a proper follow-up to season one and would have been amazing if that had been the length of it. Middle third has a complete sense of nobody knowing what they’re meant to be doing at all, both in a fun way and a completely terrible way. Final third climbs out of that to an incredible climax, opening the door to FWWM and The Return.

5 Likes

from a west coast Scottish town, which I’d never have guessed!

1 Like

Kind of wish it had been that random string of numbers and letters and symbols again

so I could hit edit and sneak a COOPER COOPER COOPER in there

2 Likes

spot on. Dunno if you watch Euphoria, but that’s exactly what S2 of that felt like. S1 had a strong vision that it kept up for the whole thing, then in S2 it felt like a complete shambles: character motivations changing at a drop of a hat, main characters being totally backgrounded, huge back stories for people who barely got a look in before, some thoroughly messy plot lines … but still great fun because of some amazing set pieces, performances and visuals

Disagree with these takes. There’s a few good episodes at the start of S2, it quickly descends into utter, utter shite - I was amazed when rewatching it how early in S2 super strength Nadine makes her appearance. Then there’s some slightly less bad episodes towards the end and then the last episode is as good as anything in s1

Then the film is great, then The Return is shite again. QED

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s great fun right! Such an enjoyable, weird direction for things to …

Ah, well. Alrighty then

1 Like

S2 is better than The Return though tbf

I like S2 but I prefer The Return (maybe excluding the final couple of episodes of S2)

This is a wild take. The Return was crazy good

Also fuck it. It’s all good. Really don’t get how S1 is that different tbh. The whole thing is just goofy and surreal

1 Like

Best bit in the Return

9 Likes

Still maintain The Return is Lynch’s masterpiece and also the best tv/film of the last decade

11 Likes

you total wanker

2 Likes

The Return is better than s1

1 Like

My man

1 Like

No Twin Peaks is bad, every second is gold. I truly believe that

12 Likes

We should hang out

1 Like

Drownedinsound trip to the sets and locations of twin peaks