Two factor authentication fucking sucks

Way too much effort.

3 Likes

I’m not wealthy enough for it to offer any protection really.

sometimes end up delaying tasks in the morning cos i can’t be arsed logging in to everything. they’re losing valuable productivity there

4 Likes

Strong agree with this. I still use it and turn it on wherever possible, but it is SUCH a ballache, and always annoys me whenever something has “logged itself out after 30 days” and I have to do the whole process again.

1 Like

love two factor authentication. fucking love it.

2 Likes

I’ve enabled it everywhere for our company.

4 Likes

fuck you

1 Like

It’s certainly a ballache if you don’t have a mobile.

5 Likes

Bane of my working life, because as a freelancer I need to connect to multiple different tenancies on any given day. So I now spend about 50% of my time fucking about with MFA.

1 Like

And let’s not mention the hassle of logging into the companies NatWest business account!

We’ve recently consolidated all of our sign on and MFA stuff to one single two factor authentication application. It’s good.

Until my work phone isn’t charged and I can’t log in to literally anything.

Check out Johnny two phones over here!

I have exactly the same problem

2 Likes

I use one of those authenticator apps on my phone that gives you an 8-digit code that connects your laptop to the work VPN. It generates a new code every 45 secs and when I get one with about 10 seconds left I like to pretend a nuke will go off if I don’t type it in and connect in time. My record is 6 seconds. Makes me feel like James Bond :sunglasses:

5 Likes

we have to do it every day for everything, including stuff like Rally and the HR environment

• that’s excessive
  • that’s normal

0 voters

Same but I feel like Desmond from Lost

1 Like

The two main dis personality types

4 Likes

tell you what else I think is a bit much:

Password should be at least 8 characters long and should include at least one lower case letter, one upper case letter, one number, and one special character.

• yeah, that is a bit much
  • disagree

0 voters

Yeah the special character can do one

Don’t really like xkcd but this is actually good and true

3 Likes