Two versions of the same song on an album

Been listening to XTRMNTR a lot this week after reading some of the anniversary pieces and it’s made me start thinking about other albums that have 2 versions of the same song on…

So, as well as Swastika Eyes on XTRMNTR, I could think of Yo la Tengo - Painful (Big day coming) and Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin (Waiting for superman).

What else have we got? Which version is best? Etc. Etc.

Hey hey my my on rust never sleeps

5 Likes

Good shout with Neil Young. Reminded me of the 2 versions of Tonight’s the night too.

2 Likes

Cypress Hill -
Rap Superstar
Rock Superstar

Christ I cant believe I name dropped that song twice today

7 Likes

Style and Rick James Style on Come On Feel The Lemonheads. Both enjoyable, and the repetition fits the stoner theme

2 Likes

Salvador sanchez and pancho villa on ghosts of the great highway by Marky Mark Kozelek and the funky bunch

4 Likes

Think I prefer pancho villa. Love them mandolins

2 Likes

i don’t remember two of these

Sufjan: All Delighted People and All Delighted People (Classic Rock Version)

Red House Painters two versions of mistress

4 Likes

Planet Waves by Bob Dylan has Forever Young followed by Forever Young

Neutral Milk Hotel:

A Baby For Pree and Where You’ll Find Me Now

Morning Bell on Kid A and the bonus disc of Kid A b-sides

7 Likes
10 Likes

I’ll admit it’s been a long time since I listened to XTRMNTR, but I have no idea why the Chemical Brothers remix exists, let alone features on the album. So horribly inferior to the Jagz Kooner mix in every way.

1 Like

The UK edition has two Supermans and two Prizes. Both of the Mokran remixes are inferior to me, but then again I can’t abide either song nowadays no matter the guise

oh yeah i forgot about those stuck on the end. always thought they were just bonus tracks

I guess they are bonus tracks in a way, but the original edition had them so not ‘bonus’ in the traditional sense

At least it meant “Buggin’” was tacked on the end as well, which is a great song

3 Likes