Ubiquitous albums of the turn of the century POLL THREAD

Earlier in the year I was working at a school, and the year 9 graphics class had the typical design some merch for a musician project. Most of them picked currently popular things with their age group. The one outlier was the girl who picked Craig David because “he’s classic and timeless”.

1 Like

Alanis morrisette - Jagged little pill

• Owned
  • Not owned

0 voters

No, it was not limited to those that you personally owned, i.e. albums owned by other people in your household (e.g. your mother) would also count.

Beatles - 1

• Owned
  • Not owned

0 voters

I assumed it would be a simple concept for people to follow. Learned my lesson haven’t i

I’m content that my interpretation of the thread is more in-line with the intentions of it’s author than yours so I will move on with my head held high. Enjoy your boring “albums that I own(ed)” thread.

So your definition of “household” was intended to exclude yourself, i.e. a member of that household?

I’m all for words being used in non-standard meanings, but you should at least attach an annex of definitions to the post.

@epimer while you are technically correct that an album owned by @Antpocalypsenow should be included, the word ‘ubiquitous’ in the title, along with the early examples of Moby and Grays Macy & David should’ve indicated this is a thread for MOR, million sellers. the sort of album that would be available in starbucks, NOT relationship of command. Hope this has cleared up any confusion and we can all enjoy the thread together now

1 Like

That was 1995!

ITT: people whose parents subscribed to the Britannia Music Club

2 Likes

The Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails

• Owned
  • Not owned

0 voters

Travis - The Man Who

• Owned
  • Not Owned

0 voters

Nah. There’s a reason they’re getting #needlesslydefensive about these albums.

I thought my previous post had clarified the ethos of the thread and drawn a line under the hostility

1 Like

Sorry. Didn’t mean to get on the wrong side of a Travis fan.

a little early perhaps but

Lauren Hill - The Miseducation of Lauren Hill

• Owned
  • Not-owned

0 voters

Fatboy Slim - You’ve come a long way, baby

• Owned
  • Not owned

0 voters

1 Like

Fatboy Slim - You’ve Come A Long Way, Baby[poll public=true]

• Owned