UK politics April 2018

He needed a replacement for @rockbot

1 Like

Cringed through Patrick Stewart on Marr. “Xavier and Picard would have voted Remain.” Christ.

2 Likes

marr: “haha, and I suppose data would have voted remain too?”

stewart: “data was a virulent anti-Semite and picard no longer speaks to him. is this an interview or an ambush.”

marr: “…”

2 Likes

Rowling Disease. Very sad to see in older people.

2 Likes

Imagining Farage as Magneto now…

2 Likes

I’ve lost the ability to tell what’s real and what’s satire.

1 Like

Everything is both now. Everything.

4 Likes

Chill out, Win!

1 Like

Win

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/985795464460226561

Not gonna read that but I think that if your bad faith re: Corbyn EVEN extends into his actions re: Grenfell then you’re probably beyond saving. I mean I know that journalist is Cameron’s former speechwriter etc. but come on.

2 Likes

COME ON CORBYN BE THE OPPOSITION!

NOT LIKE THAT!!!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/benton_dan/status/985820382128205824

I know it’s implicit in commissioned editorials that the writer is paid to repeat the news org’s editorial line but there really ought to be some kind of explicit statement/warning/indicator these days about whether what you’re reading is an actual real person’s opinion that they inwardly believe or whether it’s just made up for money and badgering a demogrphic and clickbait and whatnot

we live in a weird world loads can be written as ‘opinion’ and perceived as legitimate perspective in a discourse with the high possibility that no human has even honestly possessed that opinion

“deported in error”

I don’t think I can follow the details of the Windrush Generation story. It’s just making me too angry.

11 Likes

Every time I think Dan Hodges has reached a new low…

2 Likes

the basic detail is that Theresa May is a psychopath and no one should ever be allowed to forget it

I’m averse to hyperbole, I really am, but this is genuinely the most plausible explanation.

it’s her legislation as Home Secretary that ushered in this episode & it’s her recalcitrance in the face of all efforts at reasonableness from both public & official commissioners of the Commonwealth that is sustaining the misery & fear for thousands

there is no other conclusion

also, Yarl’s fucking Wood