UK Politics February 2023

Just LBC platforming a guy who sounds to me like an obvious Tory plant

(If he’s real then obviously she has my sympathies. Sounds horrific.)

2 Likes

massive debate

There’s definitely one massive debater in their household

edit: good grief Nick Ferrari is a dickhead isn’t he

4 Likes

Wanna grow. Up to be. Be a…

4 Likes

Lorry drivers of course famously stoic whenever the issue of fuel duty or prices is raised

12 Likes

Really great to see loads of ‘hope she leaves him, if she’s even real’ in the comments there. You love to see it.

12 Likes

I think part of the insecurity we’re hearing is that when you’re making stuff up and you’re a shit actor you are nervous as fuck about contradicting yourself :smiley:

3 Likes

Plant or not that guy yucking it up with Ferrari and his “well researched” conclusions about it being just a couple of extra hours at the end of the day/works out about the same really, look at all their hols hmm hmm is just so enraging - my mum worked as an English teacher for thirty years in some really ’difficult’ schools and looking back the sheer effort and time spent doing her best for the children was pretty incredible

6 Likes

When you love your wifes boss more than you love your wife

6 Likes

Well if this guy wer real he would of course love the guy who tells his wife to do things and she has to do them… :grimacing:

Feels like there’s got to be a pretty small group of people who are married to a teacher and could ever seriously stick to the ‘they get so much holiday’ line.

7 Likes

Think growing up seeing what was involved put me off even considering teaching of any sort as a career (but then I am very very lazy)

1 Like

can’t get my head around not wanting your partner to have a pay rise either

13 Likes

He’s down to earth, Ravens. An ‘HGV driver’, salt of the earth, doesn’t say much and it’s fine his wife earns more but equally he manages to go into a fairly detailed and specific ‘explainer’ about how if the government gives teachers more money that money can only come out of the increased budget they just okayed for school resources generally, because this is just how every modern business works apparently, so really these teachers are striking to take money away from the school kids, that’s just logical, isn’t it?

Just the every day ‘wisdom’ of an ‘HGV driver’.

11 Likes

I think the point that people are making fun of is that the guy is obviously making up every part of his story, and has picked an HGV driver because he thinks it gives him licence to spout bollocks.

4 Likes

Yeah think the scare quotes would have been better around HGV driver rather than wisdom in the post above tbh, but it’s the ridiculousness of the interview that’s being made fun of, not the fact that the guy has pretended to an HGV driver specifically

1 Like

Sorry AD one of my posts was a bit snarky was riled into an imaginary argument with the imaginary HGV man

1 Like

Sorry mate, yes I’m taking the piss out of the fact any HGV driver is likely to be a lot better person than this caller who would seem to be a plant making shit up.

2 Likes

I know Brighton is generally quite liberal but there was a lot of vocal support for the strikes during the march and it made me quite emotional after feeling generally shat on for ages.

Solidarity with everyone on strike!

33 Likes

I would love to say “yer fucking right is he married to a teacher and goes off talking about her like this on the radio” but very sadly I have worked with some extremely odious and insecure weasely men who talk horrible undermining shit about their wives behind their backs. So this dipshit kind of rings true to me as a type of guy and really fully truly hope she chucks him in the most spectacular way she can. She deserves so much better than this creep.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m not exactly surprised I guess that such people exist, just there feels like a lot to this call that just seems very weird and staged to me. Smells wildly off.