UK Politics - May 2022

MAY I introduce you to our latest shitshow month in Normal Land…

1 Like

Specific 5th May local elections and NI Assembly Elections thread here

1 Like

Quite looking forward to all the bits on bobs on why it’s DEVASTATING that the three remaining Lib Dem seats on South Diddleshire’s council have gone Green, and then instantly forgetting about it all by the weekend

I’d like to say that it’s unbelievable that the government are talking about another round of Right to Buy, but it really, really isn’t.

who’s Lorraine?

Ahhhh, the Prime Minister’s such a wit! Forget all that stuff about parties and the cost of living.

I’ve not seen it, was it meant to be a joke then? I assumed he just didn’t know who Lorraine Kelly was.

2 Likes

Intended it more a comment on how the media allowed the Boris Johnson persona to be created than Johnson himself tbh.

You’ll see a million think pieces on how “revealing” it is about him this week because they’re out to get him right now. In 2010 or 2019 they’d have been fawning over how hilarious is is instead.

2 Likes

Say thank you to your overlords and be happy you can ride the bus Elsie!

So angry

2 Likes

He lied when he said he’s responsible for the freedom pass as well.

Although I guess it’s possible that he was “inadvertently wrong” again this morning.

3 Likes

He really does not have the concept of how policies impact a person I find it really fascinating.

It was probably the best attack (only?) Keith did in Parliament, describing named people and their suffering during the pandemic and Boris just shrugging. It’s stil CON +5 but you get enough personal stories in there and him just shrugging can’t go on forever. It can go on forever

2 Likes

Your spoiler is the real kicker. Just so depressing.

But yeah, he doesn’t have a clue. I’m fairly sure he didn’t have a clue what Susanna was on about when she mentioned the yellow stickered food at the supermarket

1 Like

You’d think at some point he’d be inadvertently right but i don’t feel that will ever be the case

3 Likes
8 Likes

Spotted in St Leonards

1 Like

I did see a simple ‘fuck Boris’ in Walsall this morning, although it was in close proximity to ‘vaccines are poison’, so not sure I fully endorse that person’s thinking…

I have consumed an overpriced sandwich thingy from that eatery in the background.

1 Like

I only had a coffee, but the staff were really nice!

This hasn’t been picked up by anybody else yet, but

It’s spreading

1 Like

I made a slight detour on my bike ride this morning to see if the latest Big Dinners work was still there but alas it’s gone. For now.