UK Politics: November 2022 - The new normal begins

Nice to see everything’s fixed now Sunak’s in charge, isn’t it.

3 Likes

7 Likes

His smile is way too friendly to be Chief Tory.

Fuck the Tories.

Thanks for your time.

25 Likes

If I could crater careers just by showing up at Number 10 I’d be smiling all the time too.

3 Likes

1 teeth = 1 letter

2 Likes

continuing from the last thread

I do find bleakly fascinating how hardline policy is acceptable to so many people as long as they don’t say the quiet bit too aggressively

1 Like

I’ve hated the tories the whole of my life yet still find it amazing that im now 41, and they are still finding ways to make me hate them even more and feel more passionate in my disgust. Got to applaud them for something i guess.

24 Likes

I remember having a big rant on socials on the day of the 2019 election urging anyone who would listen to get out and vote and not to vote for the Tories and listed all the reasons why I though it was important not to let them be in government again. (I remember specifically a couple of people in the office saying stuff like ‘they’re all as bad as each other/don’t know who to vote for so probably won’t bother’ etc which riled me up)

Here we are 3 years later and that list of stuff just seems almost like childs play, which is mental.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Correct. Close thread until December

2 Likes

Reckon I’ll be saying exactly the same thing in December and every month thereafter until the end of time.

2 Likes

Oh fuck off

2 Likes

how is it even legal for sitting mps to take holidays paid extra work during parliamentary sessions?

6 Likes

Wait, is he not still an MP? how the fuck is he working that one?

1 Like

Wipe his eyes with tenners

Pretty Tory cast innit so sadly nobody will batter him? Tbf only remember Tindall being in the cast.

2 Likes

Dorries had the whip withdrawn when she went on, suspect the same will happen to him. I imagine after he got blanked by Sunak last week he was straight on the phone to ITV: gets a free holiday, pisses off his boss, gets to eat some weird shit, result.

10 Likes

MPs aren’t actually obliged to do their jobs - you can get elected and refuse to do any constituency work or turn up in Westminster for 5 years if you like.

Think Dorries had the whip removed when she went on this 10 years ago?

3 Likes

Aaand there we go

3 Likes

I did something similar with the 2014 Scottish referendum. I voted Yes as I was certain the UK was about to take a massive irreversible step to the right. For folk who weren’t in Scotland at the time, complete strangers were having conversations in the street on the day of vote itself. I had a few folk tell me I was an idiot, but fuck me did that rightward lurch come faster and more extreme than even my pessimistic brain thought it would, thanks to the fucking Tories. The whole party are utter scum and anyone who votes for them deserves what they get.

12 Likes