UK Politics: September 2022 - RIP Bozo (the Bozo is Britain)

I think markets have no confidence in the government’s ability to take this kind of financial hit while it’s already under stresses elsewhere (like the energy situation)

1 Like

And they don’t think it’s going to lead to the magic growth that Truss is expecting.

5 Likes

Blimey

Pound finished the day at $1.08 just 1 cent from 1985’s record low

It is a mountain of shit built on a deck of cards.

1 Like
1 Like

The Mail’s not wrong, it is a ‘True Tory budget’ - no one else could come up with something so diabolical.

2 Likes

Bankrupting the country to own the SNP

7 Likes

One other thing that makes me sick about this is how little Starmie is going to have to do to be better than this government. You can practically see him vibrate with glee, the whole Labour right wing playbook of just being an inert lump while the Tories immolate themselves is coming true. Awful

9 Likes

Are there any other countries where newspaper proprietors just yell their demands in block capitals on the front pages of their newspapers?

4 Likes

I think what’s really been drilled home for me is how dull and technocratic they are. Two weeks in and the Government is basically demolishing this rule book we have on how public finances are supposed to work, something that any halfway useful Labour government would probably have to do anyway, but this iteration of Labour are just happy to paint themselves into a corner of responsible little drones.

But but the OBR forecasts waaaa

1 Like

7 Likes

The New York Post is terrible, but more due to extreme tastelessness

CW: death

5 Likes

Simply because soon Labour will solely be Sir Beer, on his own, forensically chuckling to himself

2 Likes

Wes sat on his lap being read a story about how forensic they both are.

1 Like

RSPB not mincing words

13 Likes

NT, too:

9 Likes

and

6 Likes

Lol

14 Likes

See what you are doing there very, very clever well done

Fucking dickheads

13 Likes