UK Snooker Championship '17

Ding donged.

Who should i be betting on? Much doing form-wise?

No Beeb coverage 'til Saturday?

Nice to see that Mark Williams won the NI Open the other week. I wouldnā€™t do anything daft like bet on him for this, though. Kind of lost track of the form recently Iā€™m sorry to say.

1 Like

In form lads:
Oā€™Sullivanā€™s been well up for it this season so far
Murphyā€™s in great nick and is 25/1 in some places still which is madness
Williams might surprise you. Just won the NI Open. Wifeā€™s currently ill though so might affect him in the UKs
Trumpā€™s got to a couple of finals. Wouldnā€™t rule him out.

Two biggest ā€˜newā€™ stars of the season so far - Yan Bingtao and Luca Brecel. Yan just got edged by a resurgent Williams in NI. Finally becoming the real deal. Luca Brecelā€™s been unplayable at points this season.

My bet - I got on Luca at 40/1 after the Champion of Champions.

(All that being said, Selby will probably win it)

BIG SNOOKER CHAT at the moment is this new Taom chalk which apparently eradicates kicks. Some players swear by it. Others claim itā€™s nonsense. But still, BIG SNOOKER CHAT.

i saw a picture of luca brecel recently and heā€™s not a pudgy wee 16 year old any more is he

1 Like

No heā€™s basically a completely bald 22-year old Mark Allen with a fucking shitload of tattoos.

Think I slagged him before as being a bit full of himself but he ainā€™t at all actually so Iā€™ll retract that. If he gets going in one of the BBC Tournaments and people see just how fucking good he is heā€™ll be a new star of the game for sure.

1 Like

Jimmy Whiteā€™s through to the 2nd round/TV stages! Dicked The Captain 6-2 in the first round. Gā€™wan Jimmy!

1 Like

Quite a few relatively big names out in the first round - Hamilton, McLeod, Carter, Ding, Stevens.

Years havenā€™t been kind to Graeme Dott have they bless him

this boy who thrashed Hawkins has lovely hair

Giving Ronnie a run for his money, too. Good game this.

This Akani ladā€™s got something about him.

1 Like

Thought Akani had it there. So unlucky.

Incredibly impressive performance from him. Some of the shots he was playing were phenomenal in the circumstances. Enjoyed Hendry repeatedly saying ā€œOoh, I wouldnā€™t do thatā€ only for him to pull it off.

1 Like

He looks like heā€™s permanently about to burst into tears. Shame he didnā€™t get a bit further after giving Trump such a humping.

Ohh, Sunny Akani! So close yet so far. He played a great match, and heā€™ll go a long way if he can keep producing performances like that. Still, Iā€™ll always root for the Ronster, so either way Iā€™d have been chuffed with the result.

this is adorable

gonna pretend theyā€™re father and son

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve always liked Dotty. Fair play to him though - Iā€™m happy with him getting knocked out if it means Stephen Maguireā€™s resurgence is an actual thing. Would love for him to be back in the mixer properly.

Wonderful stuff. Not so much of a ā€œnumptyā€ now, is he Ronnie??

Never even heard of this lad before, now I want to see him loads more often.

bit harsh for maguire to be 4-0 down here

whereā€™s the scoreboard