Ukraine-Russia Crisis Thread

He was at least viewed by his own country as hard as nails.

Now he’s the soiled nappy of politics

Haha good point.

1 Like

More pixels than I needed in that image.

2 Likes
1 Like

Stuff like this is a bit :grimacing:
People died

15 Likes

this really made me smile, thanks pal x

1 Like

Heard a fair few comedic takes on the whole thing which seems odd considering what is likely to be a scary response.

Would’ve made a good time at least through back channels to get some talks started.

What makes you think this isn’t happening?

I know some people are a bit annoyed with keyzey in this thread but blowing that bridge does seem like a pretty major escalation. just because they’re at war doesn’t mean that both sides aren’t working within sort of awkward boundaries all the time.

I’m more concerned that the war is gonna step up a level than I have been since it started.

1 Like

Russia has, just in the last month or so, bombed residential apartments, power stations and dams. How is Ukraine blowing up a bridge that is vital for the transport of military equipment an escalation?

12 Likes

The bridge has massive significance to Russia. Plus on top of the growing list of humiliations this does seem a risky thing to a) do and b) gloat about when you consider some of the threats made over the past week or so

because it’s an enormously important target in de facto russian territory and the Ukrainians haven’t been hitting them up to now

I’m not making a moral judgement on it but it’s objectively an escalation

They have, in fact, hit targets in Crimea already.

they hit about seven planes in a hanger its clearly not remotely comparable to this

It’s a nervous time. I think the only thing I’d feel comfortable celebrating is Putin’s death. Even then who knows what comes next

2 Likes

Leaving aside whether the bridge is a civilian target or not (it’s a grey area on this piece of infrastructure), the way in which it was done is clearly provocative, if current theories are correct (either a suicide bomber, or a civilian delivery driver duped into taking fertiliser across the bridge).

This is the point I tried to make yesterday.

Whether you think he’s bluffing with these threats or not surely there are things you can do to avoid calling that bluff. It’s billions of lives at stake not poker chips

Yes mate, Ukraine should immediately give in to putin so you can stop worrying on an indie music originated message board.

2 Likes

You’re basically bullying this user, not cool, especially in a ssp

7 Likes