Ultimate dismal dessert: Custard Donut or Blue Ribbon.

• Custard Donut
  • Blue Ribbon

0 voters

At the nadir end of the Grand List of Sweet Treats can be found the classic lunchbox disappointment Blue Ribbon, and the pointless, flavourless mushfest that is a Custard Donut.

Which is the Ultimate Dismal Dessert in your opinion?

When I was a strict vegan for a couple of years the accidentally vegan co op custard doughnut was an absolute treat. Same with a fry’s peppermint bar. Now I’ve gone back to vegetarianism due to health issues its safe to say I’ll never go near the things again

1 Like

But a blue ribbon is definitely worse

2 Likes

they those wafer things? Never had one, and with good reason.

Blue Riband is a sad biscuit indeed, but a good custard doughnut is a thing to be cherished.

13 Likes

Blue Ribands are like eating dry shredded wheat, but custard doughnuts are really nice.

3 Likes

Oh it’s riband, have always called them ribbon :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What the hell. Blue Ribands are great.

9 Likes

Hardly any chocolate! It’s mostly wafer and wafer is such a disappointment

1 Like

Every time I click on this thread I get angrier and angrier and angrier, just thinking about those blue shits

2 Likes

Bourbon biscuit

• Dismal
  • Joyous

0 voters

Custard doughnuts are brilliant.

3 Likes

Custard cream

• Dismal
  • Joyous

0 voters

I won’t be rude and ask your age but as a 45 year old I remember this pretty well. A highly recommended wafer chocolate bar. This was meant as a reply to @AttackDuck

Joyous if dunked.

Having said that who the hell would have a dry bourbon. Dunking is mandatory.

1 Like

That is an excellent thing, unlike blue riband and custard donut, with is not.

The answer is fruit and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Sure, fruit’s nice, but if someone promises me a desert and then presents me with an orange I’m going to be livid.

6 Likes

You are correct. I checked before posting, but it seems that I checked against the American version.

Drat.

1 Like

Blue ribbon and a cup of tea!! Come on!
Also like a custard donut.
Something like a fig roll or gariboldi are the worst of the worst

1 Like

Worst

• Garibaldi
  • Fig roll

0 voters