Ultimo boring multi-poll thread

31 days hol (28 until you’ve been there 3 years) +3 bank holidays

Anything up to 3 days sick is unpaid, but the boss would let us use holiday if we wanted for the odd day or two. Self-cert up to 7 days, sick note from then on. Think its up to 6 months full pay once you’ve been there a year.
3 periods of sick in a year = tea and biscuits stage 1
Another 3 within 12 months of that = tea and biscuits stage 2
Another 3 within 12 months of that = tea and biscuits stage 3 and potential tin tack

As for travel costs, I’ve just swapped from a car that was drinking 35 quid of fuel a week to one that’s uses 20, (and is 130 quid less a year to tax and 150 quid cheaper to insure)

think if we’re off long term sick we stop getting paid in full at some point but no idea how long

if we’re off sick more than 3 times in a year we have to have a meeting about it that can turn into a disciplinary type thing if we’re off again within a certain time (unless it relates to a chronic medical condition/disability)

seems a bit much to me given how easy it would be to have 3 separate minor illnesses in a year that would prevent you from working for a day or two

Yeah, we’ve got a similar thing where I work. Seems a bit unfair to be honest, plus now people come in with stinking colds, etc which means everyone gets it. Not great for productivity.

Can we have some more boring polls, please?

1 Like

my work has relaxed the working from home policy recently, thank god, meaning that people who come in with all sorts of germs insisting on working can now be sent home with a laptop. i work in a call centre so working from home isn’t ideal but where you’ve got people coming in with awful coughs or whatever they can’t really be put on the phones anyway

sadly they often don’t get sent home before they’ve coughed and sneezed all over a desk that someone else is going to have to sit at later

1 Like

Polls. Or boobs. Either/or.

www.ultimo.co.uk

How much are your winter heating bills on average per week? (Total for property, not per person)

• Less than £10
  • £10-£20
  • £20-£30
  • £30-£40
  • £40-£50
  • £50-£60
  • £60-£70
  • Over £70

0 voters

I’ve carried over 7.5 days so this year I’ve got 34.5 days + bank holidays.

Going to make an effort and not carry anything over next year and go away a few times.

We pay 32 a month for Gaz+Leccy combined and that keeps us spot on across the whole year.

Pay quarterly, so genuinely no idea without working it out, which I can’t be arsed to do. That does given me an idea for another boring poll, though.

Do you pay your gas and/or electric

• Monthly direct debit
  • Quarterly
  • Pre-payment meter

0 voters

Gas quarterly, leccy monthly (sub metered from our landlord’s property across the garden)

Absolutely no idea. Couldn’t even hazard a guess. House warms up, money goes out of my account. That’s all I know.

2 Likes

Ah piss I clicked thinking it was per month. It’s about £20 a week

1 Like

Our holiday system kindly tells me that they have budgeted 30 days of me being sick. But still only 25 days of holiday. Chancers

We have an oil tank for heating. Costs about £350 to fill it up with kerosene. Depends on the price of oil.

I don’t have a heating bill as unfortunately the boiler supplies both radiators and hot water and is also unhelpfully on the same meter as the cooker.