Umbrellas in the Snow

It’s snowing here, and the office is aflame with discussion over whether it’s okay to use an umbrella when it’s snowing.

I think it’s fine, because snow is wet. I can’t quite understand why it wouldn’t be fine.

A Finn states that it’s not only weird, but you’d be roundly mocked for using one in the snow in Finland.

• I would use an umbrella when it’s snowing
  • I would not use an umbrella when it’s snowing (explain reasoning)
  • I never use an umbrella, look at me, I’m a try-hard prick (explain reasoning)

0 voters

I’d like an umbrella but I’m not responsible enough to live that sort of life.

1 Like

I’d put my hood up and would want both hands free for balance instead of twatting about with a brolly.

2 Likes

I wear a wooly hat instead of using an umbrella in snow and rain.

1 Like

I don’t like umbrellas

I’m imagining a Lenny Kravitz scarf-sized woolly hat now.

1 Like

Got quite a massive swede so you’re not far off tbh.

@kermitwormit see mate there are dozens of you. DOZENS.

1 Like

Solidarity with @kermitwormit, my pumpkin headed sister :fist:

2 Likes

one of the worst #tallpeopleproblems is the danger of being blinded by umbrellas. fuck umbrellas and all who wield them imo

8 Likes

oh no

1 Like

Pretty sure Umbrellas in the Snow won the Golden Bear at Berlin this year.

8 Likes

I have no problem using an umbrella in wet conditions but I feel very aware that it causes other people inconvenience (I hate rainy days when inconsiderate morons seem desperate to remove my eyes with their umbrella spokes) and as a result I don’t use them often.

I also prefer the hands/ pockets/ hood method.

1 Like

i never use an umbrella but i really should get one

i would not, however, ever think of using it in the snow, and i would find it odd to see someone do this. woolly hat and you’re sorted.

you’re a gentleman keith, I wish more people were like you

3 Likes

I hate umbrellas and think that people who use them (in built up areas at least) are pretty irritating

In Brighton if it’s rainy it tends to be windy too so they dont last very long

1 Like

Went dog-sledding in Finland last winter (incredible btw, highly recommended). It’s cold enough there that the snow doesn’t melt on you so you can just shake it off. Can see why you would mock someone using an umbrella there - kinda pointless. Different in the UK, though, where your body heat is gonna make your clothing above 0 degrees celcius, melt the snow, and get you damp.

1 Like

I don’t use an umbrella as I only have one hand, if it was holding a brolly I wouldn’t even be able to scratch my nose.

Plus I’m a try hard prick obvs.

Alright calm down

1 Like

I think using a brolly is a folly.

1 Like