Umming and erring

pick two things really quickly. if someone i’m eating with picks option A i’ll go with my backup.

1 Like

I am ALWAYS getting asked for directions, even when we’re on holiday and I don’t know the city.

There must be something about the way I look that makes people think I spend my time pouring over maps. Maybe it’s the technical jacket.

really annoying that, isn’t it.

if someone orders what you were gonna order

• still getting it
  • ffs i’ll get something else

0 voters

i get asked quite a bit and answer relatively confidently and then a few minutes later will be like… hmm that was kinda misleading actually, whoops

“oh hi, do you want to come to [thing you don’t want to go to]?”

• i um, eh, i’ve got a thing… eh
  • smoothly lie without missing a beat
  • accept your fate

0 voters

Depends who it is.

If we’re eating somewhere new, my girlfriend and I will usually coordinate it so that we get different dishes and can share.

If it’s one other person in a large group, then I’d probably stick with my first choice.

2 Likes

if it’s a date or something where there’s just two of us… something else. if i’m in a big group, i’ll stick.

probably <4 people is the cut off for changing my order.

Used to get this all the time when I started seeing my gf down here. Didn’t know the first thing about london geography but I guess I was standing about outside smoking a lot.

It really gives me the rage when someone is funny about getting the same thing as me. Just get what you want! I’m not sharing.

tbh i’ve no idea why it’s weird, but it is

2 Likes

Not that much, but i do find myself saying things over and over again, like starting sentences with ‘Basically…’ or ‘To be honest…’, or "Look, mate…'.

I was staying with family in Germany years back, and one of the Germans asked me what this “mind you” phrase I kept saying actually meant. Stumped me a bit to be honest.

1 Like

german guy at work once asked me what “actually” meant

so much harder to explain than it should have been.

3 Likes

Get you, Hugh Grant.

Part of my job is training people so I umm and errrr quite a lot i think.

1 Like

Love to do this to my bf and be like “you looked away so that means you’re a liar”

but I also do quick tester questions like “do you like pizza?” and then straight away “did you leave that fucking chair out AGAIN??!!”

1 Like

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

I’m very un-umm and err with my purchases and most of my decisions tbh. I just go for it.

This doesn’t work out in my favour. I had to put some drain unblocker down the drain and it was like salts and you’re supposed to slowly pour them in until they all go down but no I didn’t umm and ahh about it, just chucked the whole lot in the sink and tried to force it down with a fork.

Did not work and i’ve damaged the sink a bit and almost poisoned myself on the fumes but ah what can ya do

1 Like

Though I can’t help but feel that mr meo is on a golf forum somewhere telling his golf cronies how much he’s annoying his partner by not tucking in a chair.

:smiley:
He does read some golf forum but I have gently inquired about the conversation on there and it’s all very functional.

3 Likes