Unacceptable/acceptable food items to bring into a cinema

Please use this thread to list food items alongside a poll of whether said food item is an acceptable or unacceptable food item to sneak into a cinema.

2 Likes

Popcorn

• Acceptable
  • Unacceptable

0 voters

A blueberry muffin

• Acceptable
  • Unacceptable

0 voters

Chicken bhuna, pilau rice, garlic naan, saag aloo

• Acceptable
  • Unacceptable

0 voters

2 Likes

Any food.

Just go a couple of hours without eating

8 Likes

Drinks are fine as long as they aren’t being consumed with a straw (both of these obviously have caveats for people who need to eat at particular intervals, need to drink through a straw or etc.)

1 Like

Acceptable: anything soft, in a wrapper that doesn’t make noise.
Unacceptable: anything that makes noise in any way, anything that has a smell

Nachos ffs, it boils my piss.

5 Likes

Eating in the cinema should be banned imho.

As aggpass said, drinks are fine. Straws, not so fine.

Peckhamplex is the WORST place in the world for people bringing in noisy food. It’s only a fiver but I don’t think I can go there anymore.

2 Likes

when i was 15ish me and my mates used to go into the cinema every week with stinky subway sandwiches
no regrets

3 Likes

No.

6 Likes

Generally I think food/drinks are fine if they’re quiet to eat and do not smell. Popcorn is noisy to eat, noisy to pick up and smell a bit.

I think there’s obviously worse things to bring in than popcorn, but I do wish it wasn’t such an established cinema snack.

Things that annoy me ranked in order (most to least annoying)

• people talking about the film (you’re watching it ffs shut up)
  • hot food
  • people talking about anything else
  • loud food
  • phone use
  • straws
  • people with annoying laughs
  • other food
  • movement
  • people existing
6 Likes

It’s nice when people like to go to the cinema and enjoy the experience with an accompanying snack.

It’s nice when people respect the art of cinema enough to give it the requisite respect of remaining quiet by not talking throughout.

It’s NOT nice when people go into a public place and police the behaviour of others when it isn’t having a negative enough impact to justify doing so.

5 Likes

I like the picture and sound quality of the cinema but would prefer it if nobody else was there

1 Like

People are willfully ignoring the point of this thread but I’m sensing some beeves brewing so I’ll let it slide.

3 Likes

I have and it’s brilliant tbf. LOVE never going to the cinema.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Happily went 6ish years of my life not going to the cinema. Don’t really get what the fuss is about tbqh

2 Likes

When I was a teenager me and my mates used to go into town, buy tubs of ice cream from Iceland, then sneak them into the cinema across the road. We brought spoons from home.

Great times.

I’ve been to the cinema twice in the past three years maybe, but before that I was quite in the habit of sneaking in some tinnies.

Also great times.

8 Likes