Uncut Gems (Spoilers)

I was rooting for him… though also wanted him to get his comeuppance for some of his shitty behaviour.

Just, not to that extent!

Booked tickets for me and my ATD to go see again tomorrow night. canny wait.

2 Likes

Thought this was fine, preferred Good Time. Too long.

2 Likes

Sandler does sound a lot like gilbert gottfried in places doesn’t he?

Loved the film btw, Sandler should have got an Oscar nomination, his character is far more complex than the Joker is. That whole scene near the end with him watching the basketball game is phenomenal

4 Likes

IMG_20200115_145616

15 Likes

Struggling with the concept of going to the cinema twice to watch the same film.

Nobody’s ever done that.

2 Likes

Seeing it again tomorrow!

3 Likes

Have seen plenty of films more than once at the cinema, most recently Knives Out.

1 Like

You’ve fallen for the oldest Bugduv in the book there Steved

3 Likes

manfishing.jpg

I mean it. When i watch a film at the cinema it takes me days to process. Can’t imagine wanting to go straight back and see something again, just like i wouldn’t, say, watch the same band do consecutive nights.

1 Like

Was absolutely amazing, very glad I knew nothing about it beforehand (beyond Adam Sandler as a jeweler).

I didn’t realize the basketball player was an actual basketball player, his performance was great!

6 Likes

The Weeknd is a real singer too!

1 Like

Thought it was tosh. Apart from him getting killed.

Why did you not like it?

Was amazed how they made me gripped by a basketball game when I literally know nothing about the rules of basketball.

6 Likes

Apparently his gamble on the final game is absolutely mad. It includes the Celtics winning the opening tip which is the first touch of the game and is basically a coin toss.

yeah I did wonder how much the rest of the cinema knew about american sport/sports gambling, that particular part of the bet was a huge bit of the tension for me!

1 Like

Seeing the Weeknd beat up Adam Sandler is probably the greatest moment in cinema history and is a real testament to the magic of film

5 Likes

I don’t enjoy watching annoying people, found him walking round with a million pound stone without any security etc. a bit unbelievable.

Basically, didn’t find the main character interesting enough, I think.