Under-prepared guy attempts to cross Wales in a straight line

Possibly of interest to viewers of the Geoguessr vids

If he was responsible, prepared and doing a route without any danger I doubt it would be as highly entertaining as it is. Yes crossing a motorway and high speed rail line is so dangerous but its a highly addictive watch, he seems a good guy I think.

3 Likes

In the first mission, across Wales, he managed to make it entertaining and exciting without putting his life at risk.

1 Like

Wasn’t as good though was it

Think it’s the best one he’s done so far honestly

5 Likes

It’s made me wonder how many countries can you cross without encountering a motorway or rail line. Wales must be fairly unusual in that regard given its appalling north-south connectivity.

A poorly planned route meant he really did put his life at risk up in those mountains in the rain. But do agree I think the first attempt was the best so far, will wait and see how this one pans out.

1 Like

He nearly got ran over in the first 5 minutes of Wales attempt 1, and I think he could have got seriously injured climbing across that broken bridge.

Obviously Norway was the worst with the climbing, long kayak ride and the fucking bog but he’s always been doing stupid stuff for the views

3 Likes

Is crossing a railway line that bad? There are loads of places near me where you have to cross railway lines as part of a public path, the trains don’t stop you just have to be very cautious and check before you do (you can hear it in the lines). The fences are there in these videos because it’s a built up area.

Do agree crossing a motorway is stupid though - he was very lucky it wasn’t busy.

doesn’t know how to spell ‘stirling’ either

1 Like

I think I trust (maybe naively - that Norwegian bog! :grimacing:) that he’s cautious enough for it not to be much of a risk for himself, so, I’d say, it’s not that bad in that sense.

The issue is more that it’s pretty irresponsible to film yourself doing it with hundreds of thousands of viewers, some of which will undoubtedly to try emulate something like this and be not quite as cautious.

1 Like

Moss def has some issues with English

Apart from two mins in when he almost got hit by a car leaping from the back wall of the AirBnB

Edit: just seen this has stuck in mind of everyone else, abandon reply

Just letting you know that instead of tomorrow night, the 3rd episode of the Scotland Mission will be released on Patreon on Saturday night at 8pm (BST). This is because the editing has caught up with me a bit and I am predicting that the subtitles won’t be done in time for Friday night (largely due to a lengthy conversation with an irate local farmer, which you will need subtitles for) I’ll still have to release it on YouTube on Sunday, so sorry about the shorter gap and the lateness.

absolutely dreading this farmer stuff

2 Likes

Conversations with the landowners are the parts I dread the most.

1 Like

will i now?

2 Likes

ha.

1 Like

Think they hyped that up a bit. But doing this and camping in peoples farms during COVID is fucking stupid.

2 Likes

and lambing season :rage:

1 Like