Underage drinking spots

“For a place like Troon this is out of order.”

:laughing:

1 Like

The cricket hall after nets. Thanks, boarding school.

Pub

Porthcawl was fucking amazing for it, still is probably.
One of the many beaches. Maybe the tarmac one if you just fancy loafing about, maybe Rest Bay if you wanted to go all Ray Mears and make a nice fire to sit around.
Fulmar park, massive, pitch black.
The Pier’s open mic night, could sneak in the back (also had a cigarette machine you could get to without anyone seeing you, an absolute boon at any time)

1 Like

Various pubs in Derby City Centre. Jimmy’s, The Bell, The Shakespeare, Vines, Sloanes. 45p a pint, bag o chips, last bus home. Still had change out of a fiver

My friend Bob’s house was basically a drop in centre for the stoned youth of our town, people used to rock up even when he wasn’t there and hang out in his garage. Bit weird in retrospect, but he was one of those people who called his mum by her first name, so.

Horse & Groom, commonly known as the Doom & Gloom, was the local under age pub, but it was so horrible, not even the promise of getting served was enough to tempt us there regularly.

Used to go to the Balti house and smash some pints with a curry, they never cared about ID, though they would only serve you if you bought a full curry.

I had a fake ID that I bought online, though the first one they sent me had the wrong birth date on it so it made me look even younger. They were very good about replacing it, surprisingly good customer service for a site selling hooky shit.

The smoking wall, up above Sauchiehall Street.

Came back from uni at Christmas when we were all (just) 18 and rather than go to Sleazy’s my pals all decided we should go drink up at the smoking wall instead. It was minus fucking five and I was livid. Freezing my balls off drinking a big bottle of San Miguel when I could have been in the pub. Still angry.

1 Like

The Lincoln pool club → now a TOWIE style club called Linx
The Paul Pry → now a gastropub

Before that just in the park or woods really

13 - 16

Get a bus into Oxford, nominate the oldest looking kid to go into the offie. Go drink the booze either at the Radcliffe Camera

or at the river watching people punt

16 - 18 The park to preload, followed by the pub. My home town was basically just like the one in Hot Fuzz

:question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question:

in that it would tolerate underage drinking to keep the kids occupied, as opposed to being tiny.

Think my reply may be unnecessary really

1 Like

The Queens Head ‘known as the Nob’

There were two parts to the bar as well which basically ended up as 25+ers (which often included our teachers) and then 16-25 side where we would go after school

didn’t do it myself (cos i lived in the countryside and it was too much hassle) but the usual spots in town were next to the wall along the river or in the school playing fields. the playing fields don’t exist anymore but i still occasionally see people who were around my year at school drinking in the first spot and it’s a bit sad.

My bedroom because it was almost like a granny annex on to the side of the house away from the rest of the family.

Camping in a field behind a mate’s house.

Ogmore and Rest Bay beaches.

The Maltsters Arms in Pontypridd on a Thursday night for the classic late 90’s combo of underage beer and nu-metal cover bands.