Underrated moments in cinema history

With the Oscars almost upon us, let us remember the ones that were robbed

2 Likes

Film was pants but I found this scene horrifying as a wee kiddo

1 Like

The Lost World gets quite a lot of hate but it’s definitely the second best of the JP’s imo. There isn’t a lot of competition after that however…

1 Like

Bad casting and spielbergs desire to turn the film into king kong killed the film which has got quite a lot of brght spots littered throughout

3 Likes

I basically hate everyone in that film apart frim Goldblum

3 Likes

Actually im also going to throw in the ending of Terminator 3 in here. Baffling how a ending that good is attached to such an awful movie

4 Likes

Funniest moment of the last 20 years.

15 Likes

That movie is still a massive guilty pleasure, that scene always kills me

10 Likes

Actually sent this clip to my pal at the weekend. Brilliant :grinning:

1 Like

Love the Norwegians in this, they have completely nailed their regional accent

1 Like

capitalism for dummies

3 Likes

:rage:If you’re Manchester United supporters. Sing the Manchester United song :rage:

2 Likes

FTFY

1 Like
2 Likes
8 Likes

YES!!!

Telling it like it is. Possibly the first Spielberg film I saw at the cinema that truly disappointed me. Although I don’t actually think much of Temple of Doom I know 9 year old me loved the hell out of it in the flicks… But yeah, it’s such an obvious ‘sequel’ film too, like the sort of sequel a studio puts out that the original director wants nothing to do with, where they can only get one of the main stars and have the other one referenced by telephone or something. Yes I am weirdly describing both Jaws 2 and The Lost World…

(Also, Malcolm dies in the original novel. I did have a peek at the opening on Crichton’s Lost World book in WHSmiths at the time and it basically opens with, “Oh wait, it looked like he died but it’s fine, he was alive, he never died guys,” causing me to have a literal LOL in the store.)

Yeah others come back in dribs and drabs after that when it really goes off a cliff. Laura Dern and Sam Neill are in the third one and I think BD Wong was in all of them other than The Lost World.

The Lost World is silly and goes on way too long but there is at least some suspense and enjoyable bits. The franchise gets unwatchable after that.

Am I prepared to die on this hill? Unsure.

6 Likes