Underworld listening club.

After years of talking about it, it’s finally time to give this a go. While I’m sure they’re be at least 3 of us involved it’d be nice to have as many as possible get onboard with the second best dance act of the 90’s :smiley:

Same format as the last 2 I’ve run, we’ll start the album chat on a Sunday, vote for our favorite track on Wednesday and score the album on a Friday. I’ll build a best of playlist as we go along. We’ll be listening to the remastered versions of the 90’s albums because you’d be daft not to.

I haven’t got a start date yet as work is still a bit hectic but it’s happening.

dance festival GIF by Underworld

10 Likes

Yeeeeow :fire:

2 Likes

Up for this, will force me to finally listen to Underneath The Radar and Change The Weather all the way through, assuming you are including the Underworld mk1 period too?

2 Likes

IN

I’ll say this for starters: they’ve got a couple of Blue albums but a lot more Brown albums.

(for anyone not clear what this is referring to, I should state that I’m being complimentary)

2 Likes

The best 90’s act :smiley:

Yup. For the reason you mentioned.

2 Likes

This will be new to me. Also, it’s going to take a month to get through Drift isn’t it?

1 Like

I was going to ask people how we were going to cover that, but I guess a week for each drop would be a great excuse to finally listen to it. But that 48 minutes song with The Necks will probably get a skip from me.

1 Like

Where can we even FIND Underworld Mk.1 to listen to it? YouTube?

I always like what I hear of Underworld but really don’t know them at all. Will try to keep up with this

1 Like

It’s on Spotify.

Defintely think each volume of Drift deserves its own week. The abridged sampler version misses out loads of good stuff

3 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

Absolutely and completely IN

2 Likes

We’ve been talking about this for a while :smiley:

1 Like

We have indeed

1 Like

Might be up for getting involved here.

Only got into them in the last couple of years and only really for DNBWMHM and Beaucoup Fish so interested to get into the rest of their catalogue

1 Like

I’m in, at least to start. I never got around to the first 2 albums (mk1 as we’re calling it) or anything after Everything, Everything to my recollection.

2 Likes

Suspect that those first two albums might be an interesting experience tho…

1 Like