Underworld - Past, Present & Future

I was working that night and couldn’t go. :frowning:

How’d you manage to get tickets for their shows? They’ve always long gone by the time I get near them!

I’ll never know what happened with that record but the demos they put out alongside the Sven Vath shows they played prior to this LP were AMAZING and close to the first couple of albums in terms of standard. Then the final thing came out and it was all really meh.

Real shame. Maybe they just over thought it or went too collaborator too far?

Also, discovered the other when chatting to someone who is connected with the band that Bird1 was a very old song that had been knocking around since those initial Emerson years but languishing in ‘not quite ready to release’ hell. So that’s probably why it’s the standout track on it.

1 Like

Also, loving these Drift releases too. Some of their best work in a good while.

1 Like

If you’re signed up to their emailing list then usually they give you an advance ‘in’ for their gigs :+1:

1 Like

This is wonderful. Adore Underworld and this is really high grade Underworld.

Dark & Long (Dark Train) is holy writ in my world and just about ground zero for a huge swathe of my music tastes over the last 15 years.

1 Like

Yeah I get those but never seem to have any joy. Must just be a bit late on the trigger.

1 Like

Agreed!..One of the highlights in a very strong back catalogue…used to play this a lot and have dug out the vinyl again…spoon deep on the flipside too - amazing- the 4.49 virgin price sticker shows one of the wiser ways I’ve spent a fiver.

1 Like

I have the shorter version of this track called ‘Second Hand’. Didn’t know this version existed!

1 Like

If you haven’t already stumbled across this youtube channel its really worth a look. Lots of rare UW stuff…

3 Likes
1 Like

Really enjoying these two Drift releases. First one seemed to have the bangerz on but I’ve found myself gradually warming to the follow up more.

They’re still giving away tons of free stuff, another one today! Most kind.

2 Likes

I need to catch up with all this new stuff. Barbara Barbara Whatever was lovely, and 1992-2002 is one of the best “Greatest Hits” albums in existence. The first disc in particular is ridiculously brilliant: 7 tracks in 77 minutes and not a minute wasted. Fucking incredible stuff.

4 Likes

The greatest hits is genuinely in my top 10 albums of all time. I know it’s bad music-geek karma to include a ‘best-of’ in such things, but that doesn’t change a thing.

4 Likes

New live dates being announced May 21st… Really hope its a UK tour.

3 Likes

This is fairly new to me. Which is surprising given its the original B-side to Rez.

1 Like

December date - big 'un at Wembley Arena, Sat 7th.

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/underworld/sse-arena/1385817

Nope :-1:

1 Like

Yup, not there.

1 Like