Unexpectedly great music from musicians you wrote off

Find it physically impossible to just listen to this once, ends up getting 3 replays every time, minimum

2 Likes

Quite like that Coldplay Christmas song

On my playlist of the album I have the single version as track 2 then the album version as the closer. Still fancy playing it again - amazing song.

2 Likes

The latest Sepultura album us up their with their best

1 Like

then they also did the Tainted Love cover

The Levellers album from this year is one of their best, which I absolutely did not see coming after almost twenty five years of them half-arsing their albums.

I wasn’t aware of it until today and haven’t listened… sounds like I should leave well alone

2 Likes

For me, Everything Everything with RE-ANIMATOR fits this description perfectly. Their previous efforts had not really hit the spot for me, and frankly, I wasn’t particularly interested at this stage of the process in even listening to this on its release in October. Had pretty much written them off as a band of any interest for me. So, put RE-ANIMATOR on with minimal/no expectations, and unexpectedly really enjoyed it. Still doing so now a couple of months on.

Jessie Ware. Not interested at all until What’s your pleasure was released this year. It’s a gem!

Was expecting a thread defending Plastic Hearts or McCartney III to be honest so this was interesting

Autocorrect did me here *is *there