Unfashionable decorational features

I was thinking of my childhood ceiling this morning and was wondering why it hadn’t circled back round into fashion. Surely you could do a non asbestos version?

download.jpeg

Please use this thread to post home/outdoor features that are currently out of fashion. I am not judging as I have not had a chance to decorate a house myself and publically exhibit my own personal taste for visitors to see. This is more of a nostalgia drive.

4 Likes

Avocado suite

3 Likes

These days it’s more ‘avocado on toast’

My ceilings have that effect. I don’t like it.

3 Likes

Carpeted bathrooms

8 Likes

We’ve got this pattern in the living room. Keep meaning to get a thick skim over it but other shit keeps taking precedence.

1 Like

Quite like my asbestos ceiling, quite often puzzle over what order they did each one

7 Likes

There’s bumpy ceilings where I live. No pattern to it. just chaos

These curtains

My parents have the bumpy ceiling and a few years ago a solar panel installer slipped in the attic and put his foot through it. They gave up trying to find someone to fix it properly in the end and have a patch of smooth plaster in the middle of the ceiling now.

1 Like

Pin art

Crinoline lady knitted bog roll covers

Crying Boy pictures

Blue Lady pictures

6 Likes

My parents used to have that, the carpet ran right the way up the side of the bathtub

5 Likes

Where you have two different wallpapers with a matching kind of border round the middle of the room.

5 Likes

Floor mounted ashtrays beside your favourite armchair.

4 Likes

For that extra touch of luxury :+1:

2 Likes

This, from 20 years ago

4 Likes

Absolute boak at the thought of bathroom carpets.

Oh yes

10 Likes

Only in Britain.

Imagine my horror the first time I visited a domestic bathroom in the UK. Disgusting.

1 Like

Grim.

Someone at work moved into a house about 2 years ago that had carpet in the kitchen ffs.

2 Likes