Unilad

I know we’re not the biggest fans of them here, but this still surprised me a little. Dotcom Bubble 2.0?

Are they the same as lad bible or different entities?

Good

6 Likes

Also 6million wtf

3 Likes

hundreds of jobs?

making memes?

2 Likes

Ladministration

48 Likes

Working down t’memes

13 Likes

Stealing memes off shit subreddits?

3 Likes

zactly. how is that not two people at the very most?

3 Likes

Started by the same guy, but now different companies.

UniLAD was bizarre, I remember it being “ho ho ho look at our ironic laddish misogyny” and then realising a percentage of its audience was taking it on face value and running with that shamelessly with an aggressively brandished venereal appendage… and then suddenly overnight it became one of yer standard “look at these adorable cats and indulge in semi-committal social liberalism” content farms

3 Likes

I guess it probably was, but somehow they got 6million of credit and blew it all before anyone realised

Dickheads

Looking at the article, it seems like £5m of the £6m is from the legal case won by the original founder of the site.

I wish I hated myself and the world enough to make millions from pursuing such an absolutely shit idea to its grim commercially viable conclusion

5 Likes

You’d think from the name that it’d just be one lad

25 Likes

Lads on poor?

1 Like

A very solid joke right there.

AHA!

6 Likes

Yes, this is sad, I agree

3 Likes

First reaction: Good. Fuck ‘em.
Second reaction: Shame about the unemployment though.
Third reaction: This just means shithouses like LADbible are gonna hoover up their likes with similarly shit content isn’t it? Fucks’ sake. BURN EVERYTHING DOWN.

3 Likes