Unrealistic depictions of technology (mechanical)

Toaster pops toast up with such force that the toast is flung into the air and caught by the awaiting toast user.

4 Likes

Popeye squeezing a can of spinach and the spinach all landing in his mouth without any spillage and despite the unlikely arc of travel.

4 Likes

Cars that appear to have 20 gears based on the revey broom sounds

Six shooters and rifles with infinite ammo

the technology being… the can?

Of course…

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

“I am grateful that the Lord blessed us with the can tree so that I can enjoy my Heinz cream of tomato soup without the need for technological marvels for it’s transportation from shelf to stomach” - @japes, 2019

1 Like

My toaster has done this once. The toast ended up in the gap between the fridge and the counter.

Also, the levers on the toaster have broken off and it generally produces toast that’s too dry. I hate our toaster.

that’s a sentiment I can get behind!!

1 Like

Hahahahaha!

I’m not convinced that cuckoos burst out of clocks with the vigour that is often portrayed

4 Likes

This is a fair point

1 Like

It’s impossible to knock someone out by thunking them on the back of the neck.

(the technology is your hand)

Those old thriller/action films where someone ‘wipes’ a hard drive by shooting it

2 Likes

I’m assuming that the hard drive in question isn’t an SSD here or that would be a very serious breach of the thread’s subject matter…

2 Likes

those futuristic UIs every hacker has.

MECHANICAL

well how about you fuck yourself then?

2 Likes

No, how about you fuck YOURself

Sick to the back fucking teeth of this shit

1 Like

Guns seem to serve as a swiss army knife in old films, shooting locks open, turning off light switches, etc.