Unsolicited (and unwanted) things that happen to you when exchanging money for goods or services

Just had a haircut, bloke trimmed my eyebrows, this was unsolicited and unwanted. A previous visit resulted in an unsolicited and unwanted hot towel.

Usually these services are verbally offered and I refuse them, today he only verbally offered the hot towel (refused) and just trimmed my eyebrows unsolicitedly.

Now you go.

Fucking Superdrug. Always asking if you want perfume or stamps at the checkout. Always.

Hurry up and get self service you shits.

1 Like

When you buy a bottle of water in a WH Smiths in the airport and they try to force you to take a copy of the Telegraph.

3 Likes

So they are solicited at least?

Occasionally have to interact with human beings.

1 Like

Also an example of something being solicited

goddamnnit

okay when they bring bread to the table at a restaurant but you never asked for it and don’t want it

People behind the counter who offer you an unsolicited smile.

I hate them.

Thanks Nicola, excellent example. Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

When people say “Enjoy!”

Can I have something unsolicited and wanted? (I will edit out if neccessary)

One of the guys working on our house, the other day we gave him lasagne and then some crumble, said that out gutter is bent (which we knew and it drips) and next time he’s round he’ll fix it for us!

Puts so much pressure on me to smile back. But what if I don’t want to smile back? What then?

Because it and Boots are the only places selling bottles of water in an airport?

1 Like

I’m going to allow this.

It was also solicited. Let’s pretend he has done it without asking me.

When you go to the physio and they pop a cheeky thumb up your bum at the end.

They’re trying to save you money, you daftie.

How do you get a bottle (larger than 100mm) through security?

1 Like

The shell garage near me have started handing me a free copy of the sun with my receipt occasionally when I’ve not asked for it and I have an awkward bit where I have to refuse it and they give me a look that suggests I’m weird for rejecting a free paper and I get tempted to explain to them that the sun use the free copies in their claims about their readership and how I wouldn’t want to bolster those numbers in even the smallest way but I never bother doing this I just go through the awkwardness

filth thread?

1 Like