Unwanted gifts

Somebody’s fishing for a birthday thread!

I didn’t enjoy my Easter gift either.

1 Like

In lieu of chocolate (as every other fucker was giving it him) I got my son this:

I glued the glasses back on, then they were snapped off again so I have glued them pince nez style to his face and now I need to glue the snapped off wand back on.

Maybe you should have gone with chocolate, mate.

2 Likes

St Johns Chophouse is ok.

Pretty much.

1 Like

Love this Craig Charles gif.

7 Likes

haha if I had your address you’d get stuff all the time. I love sending random game/film/music guff (usually kinda nice stuff but still novel) to friends

very kind of you thanks but I don’t like the guilt of knowing I can’t get people stuff in return

This is why we need a DiS swap shop. I’m sure i’ve got loads of crap someone from DiS might find a treasure.

4 Likes

Secret Santa: The Regiftering

2 Likes

For some reason, my Mum bought me a copy of Phil Collins autobiography for Christmas. I feel bad about just chucking it out, so i am reading it at the moment before giving it to a charity shop. Quite enjoying it actually!

imagine that being the best quote you could find to put on the cover. it’d be better off having nothing on the cover

1 Like

Years ago my aunt gave me a bottle of talc, from a cheap set that she split.
Last Xmas from my brother (sister in law selected and wrapped) a cheap Bluetooth speaker that’s packaging was thick with dust and a small box of sweets that were near their expiry date, kinda hurtful more than getting nothing after what I spent on their kids.
I’d rather not get any presents as either zero thought goes into it and I feel worthless or thought may have gone into it but don’t like it so feel guilty that they wasted their time and money on it.

1 Like

my aunt once bought me a Southampton FC calendar for christmas. that was the end of buying presents for extended family there and then.

my brother bought me a twin peaks mug one year, and the following year bought the same mug for both me and my wife. he also bought me two copies of amelie on DVD for successive christmases.

3 Likes

I only buy for immediate family now and they get restaurant vouchers for places I know they want to go to. Boring but efficient.

Does the bin count as a room?

1 Like

Is that because she knows you “like music”?