Upcoming gigs 2018: part 1

Oh, I forgot, I’ve also got Sikth at some point

Yo La Tengo in Bruuuuum, massively looking forward to that. Probably going to have a big binge through over the coming months.

The Cure all day thing in that London as well

Saw YLT in London a couple of years ago. Gruff Rhys was the support and he came on during the encore to do (Drawing) Rings Around the World with YLT playing the part of the rest of SFA. I think I was laughing because it was so much fun.

Mongol Horde - 28 Jan @ Scala
Hot Snakes - 2 Feb @ Dome
Turbowolf - 14 March @ Scala
Carpenter Brut - 23 March @ Koko

First Aid Kit - 3/2 St Andrews Hall, Detroit
John Prine - 23/3 Palace Theatre, Columbus
The National - Homecoming Festival 28 & 29/4 - Smale Park, Cincinnati

Maybes:

St. Vincent - 9/1 Express Live!, Columbus
Ezra Furman - 28/2 Ace of Cups, Columbus
Phoebe Bridgers 13/4 The Basement, Columbus
Weezer & Pixies - 6/7 Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati

Jan:
This is the Kit in Edinburgh

Feb:
The Go! Team in Glasgow
Franz Ferdinand in Glasgow
King Gizzard in Glasgow

Mar:
Django Django in Glasgow
The Hold Steady in London
Tune Yards in Edinburgh
Bell X1 in Dublin

Apr:
Arcade Fire in Glasgow
Gomez in Glasgow
Yo La Tengo in Glasgow

May:
LCD Soundsystem in Glasgow

Have a Primavera ticket too but I’m not 100% sure I can go

moor mother
hot snakes
boris and amenra
hookworms all dayer

and hopefully roadburn

My mate’s band are playing next Wednesday so will go see them. They’re good like. Check them out if you like Post Hardcore and The Smiths -

Also got…
Lord Huron
Four Tet
Hell is for Heroes
ATD-I / DFA1979
No Age
Lucy Dacus
LCD Soundsystem
The Cure (and Interpol and Slowdive and Ride and T-Sad and Goldfrapp :smiley: )

Maybe do Primavera too, will see.

Michael Gira in Feb
Stranglers in March
Idles in April
Zonal in April (VERY excited about this one as I never saw Techno Animal so this is the closest I’ll get)
QOTSA/Iggy in

Meant to shout out my mates band and then just… well, didn’t. They’re good tho.

Menzingers
Hot Snakes
Boris
Propagandhi
Modern Life Is War

All in Bris.

Handy threat this, just seen No age are playing too.

Which night are you going for? Haven’t listened to them properly in about a decade but was half tempted by one of the album shows

Yeah same here, last two albums have passed me by but used to love them! Going for the greatest hits show on the Saturday. Would have loved any of the album shows too tbh but that night made the most sense for getting over for it

Was mainly tempted by the MIM night before it sold out. Flock would be alright as well but I saw them touring it at the time.

They did a charity acoustic gig in Whelans last month with Lisa O’Neill and Jape, first time I’d seen them in years and hoped they’d be warming up for March with lots of stuff from the first 3 albums, but it was nearly all shite stuff from the last few, two songs from Flock and nothing earlier. Really dull. At least the other two acts were reliably good.

Ooh, thanks - hadn’t realised that Out Lines were touring. Will definitely have to go see them once - not sure if two times might be too much.

Just checking out Cults, and I can see that I had added them on my music spreadsheet back in 2013, but never investigated further and promptly forgot about. Although there doesn’t seem to be too much by them on Spotify to listen to. Have they released a proper album yet?

The gigs that I am eyeing up are below. The ones with * are ones I’ve got tickets for already, but will go and buy some tickets for some of the other ones now.

31/01/2018 Broken Records, The Lexington
02/02/2018 Liima, Oslo Hackney *
07/02/2018 Martin Kohlstedt, Servant Jazz Quarters
14/02/2018 Out Lines, The Islington
15/02/2018 Out Lines, The Islington
17/02/2018 Manu Delago, King’s Place
20/02/2018 Loney Dear, Omeara *
27/02/2018 Typhoon, the Lexington
08/03/2018 Sóley and Sin Fang and Örvar Smárason , Bush Hall
14/03/2018 Diane Cluck, Sam Moss, Café OTO
14/03/2018 Sir Was, The Lexington
15/03/2018 Diane Cluck, Sam Moss, Café OTO
20/03/2018 Tune-Yards, Roundhouse
29/03/2018 Calexico, Shepherd’s Bush Empire
10/04/2018 Hannah Epperson, Servant Jazz Quarters *
12/04/2018 Alex Cameron, KOKO
16/04/2018 All The Luck In The World, The Islington
15/05/2018 Japanese Breakfast, Islington Assembly Hall

@japes?

Yep, Out Lines are also supporting Mogwai on some dates (one of the Manchester ones off the top of my head). I’ve booked both as potentially away for work on the first one. Twilight Sad very likely to be releasing next album in May so these might be only Out Lines dates for a good while, if ever.

Cults, they’ve had a few albums now, one came out last year. I had a quick look on Spotify, there are 3 on there. There does seem to be another artist called Cults on Spotify so maybe you were looking at that?

Ta! The first Out Lines gig only has one ticket left, so I’ve bought two for the second one instead. I’ve strangely never listened to Twilight Sad before (but love Kathryn), so I should probably get around to doing so sometime.

Will have a look again at Cults, thanks. If I was listening to the wrong one, then the other Cults aren’t too bad either then!

Leaf Library were brilliant last night. Never seen them before live. Great start of gigs for the year.

Yeah definitely check out Twilight Sad, particularly as they’ll almost certainly tour later this year and they’re excellent live.