Upcoming gigs 2018: part 1

So far I’ve got:
Lylo at stereo
Willy mason at glad cafe
Lcd at swg3
Gomez at the barras

There’s some good stuff on at Celtic connections that I’d like to get along to as well

This is what I’m looking at at the moment. I don’t have tix for all of these yet so some might fall by the wayside.

January
Madonnatron – Shacklewell Arms
Damo Suzuki – Jazz Cafe
Pigs x 7 – The Lexington
Snapped Ankles – Moth Club
UUUU – Corsica Studios
Zombie Zombie and Camera – Brussels (if I can get the day off work)

February
Moon Duo – Brudenell, Leeds and XOYO, London
Michael Rother – Jazz Cafe
Damon & Naomi – Cafe OTO
Lydia Lunch – Corsica Studios
Spinning Coin – The Victoria
Chain & the Gang - Oslo

March
Rocket Recordings 20 – The Garage
John Cale – Barbican (I’ll probably see if I can sell these tickets so that I can just go to RR all weekend)
Dinoosaur Jr - Roundhouse

April
Roadburn – Tilburg (maybe)
Zonal - Corsica Studios
Wrong Festival – Manchester (maybe)

May
Raw Power

Wondering if anyone can help.

A year or two ago ago, I came across a website where you could enter in your last.fm or songkick username (can’t remember if it was both, or one or the other), and it would show a map of all of the countries and show how many bands you follow would be playing in each country - you could then zoom in to see which bands were playing when and where. It was a nice little thing, where you could potentially look through and find a nice holiday destination where there are some gigs that you like… which is what I was wanting to do now!

It was something like this following site (which also looks quite cool, and which I’ve just found whilst trying to search for the above one), which shows which countries your last.fm bands come from: http://explr.fm/

an ideas? I think I’ve run out googleable words to try and find it.

3 Feb - Menzingers / PUP / Cayetana
28 Feb - Front Bottoms / Smith Street Band
8 March - Pinegrove / Phoebe Bridgers
9 March - Hold Steady
13 March - The World Is A Beautiful Place…
4 May - Yo La Tengo
15 May - Japanese Breakfast
16 May - Hockey Dad

Hopefully All Points East at the end of May too. Looking forward to adding to this soon, loads of gigs usually get announced in January for the next few months

those Pinegrove shows still going ahead eh?

This is the Kit, Alela Diane and Big Thief are the only three lined up. Having moved well outside suburbia, I’ve had to cut down on my gig-going this year. Tempted by The Breeders though.

Completely forgot about those shows. I bought tickets approximately 5 minutes before ‘the statement’ came out and immediately assumed I’d be getting a refund at some point. Has there been anything more on this? I’m guessing they’ll be cancelled or it’ll just be Evan, a guitar and a few empty rooms?

Love the escalation in group size here

Shit, completely forgot about all that.

Not sure what’ll happen, the whole statement was so ambiguous. Can’t help but think that if there was anything legitimately nasty there it would have come out by now, but then total radio silence isn’t encouraging either

Forgot I’ve got a ticket for Moon Duo at The Brudenell.

Also got a few mates together and got tickets for Ned’s Atomic Dustbin & The Wonderstuff in April.

There’s a K-pop event at Wembley on June 18.

few more:
Rachel Sermanni in Edinburgh
Alvvays in Glasgow
Wyvern Lingo in Edinburgh
Car Seat Headrest in Glasgow

Thanks, didn’t know about this! Don’t know who most of them are but one of the groups are one of my favourites :heart_eyes:

Thursday 31 May: Australian legends The Scientists at the Borderline.

Looks like Happy Meals are going to be playing at The Waiting Room in March. I’ll be going to that.

Mercury Rev will be doing a 20th anniversary set of acoustic gigs for Deserter’s Songs. Just seems to be Ireland and Scotland so far, and a few gigs in Scandinavia… nothing announced in London, so maybe I’ll have a holiday…

Aye they’re playing in a church in a seaside town a few miles outside Belfast.
Lovely. Hope I can get tickets okay.

Bronx in Cardiff tonight, then I don’t have any tickets booked until Mogwai in Bristol but I’m tempted to go to Hot Snakes instead. Although Thekla’s early curfew might mean I can still catch quite a bit of Mogwai if I run. When do Saturday Colston Hall shows usually finish?

Ghost Music - South Records/Rough Trade instores
Anna Von Hausswolff - Tufnell Dome
Castlemania London - Troxy
Pete Astor - South Records instore
Angel Olsen - Union Chapel
Amen Dunes - O’Meara

Shonen Knife - Norwich
Otoboke Beaver - Leeds
Flight of the Conchords - Leeds
Ducking Punches - Norwich
Jeffrey Lewis - Norwich