Upcoming Gigs 2019

Trail of Dead added a Newcastle show to the Madonna tour. Dunno if I want to spend £22 on it though? Might be a bit sad. Might be raging.

Just worried about them playing older stuff? Of all the bands doing those sort of tours, Trail of Dead are still making pretty relevant and good music so I’d take that as a good sign!

Though tbf I bailed on seeing The Replacements at Prima last time I was there for the same reason.

Not sure I’ve actually listened to anything they’ve done since Century of Self (maybe) - just generally a bit suspicious about these types of tours.

Although saying that, as I need to refresh my Spotify playlists this weekend - what’s your favourite they’ve done since CoS?

(Also the Replacements at Primavera were great!!)

Tao of the Dead for sure - didn’t bother with the huge 20 min song but I really liked the rest and thought it flowed together perfectly. Quite acoustic or mellow in parts though, so Lost Songs was good too and better for the riffier edges of their sound

I’ve heard they’re hit or miss nowadays.

hadn’t realised it was them scoring that until i saw this post the other day. got a ticket now!

Aye think it’s passed loads of people by as you have to click into the thing to see them even mentioned and the pic on the site is of Buster Keaton.
Should be pretty great, been listening to them a fair bit since before this was announced. Always like bands soundtracking films too :grinning:

£35 for GBV tickets ooft

Fuck, all sold out by 10am instantly :cry:

I’d stick at it. You usually find a few more appear after the basket reservations time out.

Extra date added for Thurs 6th - tickets available below;

https://m.ents24.com/london-events/village-underground/guided-by-voices/5467407

Edit: Ah just seen this mentioned in the new album thread…

Feb - Low (Barbican), Tears for Fears (O2)
Apr - Ryley Walker (Holy Trinity Church, Guildford)
May - Mineral (The Dome)
June - Glastonbury

Hoping for MBV at some stage

Booked Label Mates fest tickets, mainly for n0v3l at the Shacklewell but will probably spend most of the day at Moth Club unless there’s anything particularly amazing on at Oslo or the Victoria before about 8 o clock.

Probably going to see Fucked Up on Friday
Death Cab For Cutie - Hammersmith - Friday 1st Feb
Drug Church - Boston Music rooms (i think) - Friday 8th Feb
P!atD - The O2 - Thurs 28th Mar
Robyn - Alexandra Palace - Friday 12th Apr
Are You Listening Festival - Reading - Saturday 27th Apr
Primavera - Barcelona - 30th May - 1st Jun
Readipop Festival - Reading - 12th Jul to 14th Jul (actually can’t remember if we’ve got tickets to this or are even going or if it’s that weekend, idk)
Reading Festival - Reading - 23rd Aug - 25th Aug

Can now add The National at the flipping Kelvingrove Bandstand to my list. Which is nuts.

Band name!

Fatima @ Roundhouse TONIGHT!
The Streets @ Brixton Academy 03/02
Massive Attack @ O2 Arena 22/02
The Twilight Sad @ Electric Ballroom 28/02
Anderson .Paak @ Alexandra Palace 15/03
Doves @ Royal Albert Hall 29/03
The Horrors @ Royal Albert Hall 09/05
All Points East with Chemical Brothers @ Victoria Park 24/05

Looks like I’m on a legacy rock year so far.

Ozzy Osbourne / Judas Priest @ O2 London
Lemonheads @ Engine Rooms Southampton
Drug Church / Single Mothers @ Joiners Southampton
Cave In @ Electric Ballroom
Jawbreaker @ Brixton Academy
Alice In Chains @ Wembley
Kiss @ O2 London

excited for Black Midi tomorrow night

I’m seeing them tonight, which I’ll admit has been turned into a massive hassle by the icy roads meaning I need to be out for the bus.

Hopefully they’ll live up to the hype (but not so much that I regret having to leave early)