Upcoming Gigs (rolling)

This tour is incredible. I’d highly recommend making that gig a sure thing.

What’s the deets for this?

Thanks. That’s good to hear. Hopefully it will all work out so I can go… but it is prime time for me to visit the UK homeland…so who knows!

Well, was going to see The Beths (aye, I know, who’d have thought?) at Sneaky Pete’s in May, but that’s sold out. Glasgow on the 14th it is, then.

Other than that, Martha on May 3rd in Glasgow and Ryan Adams in Manchester in April.

Anyone would think that Edinburgh sucks for live music.

Going to see Saint Etienne do Tiger Bay with the London Contemporary Orchestra at the Barbican- one of my husband’s favourite bands so got it as his birthday present.

2 Likes

Ah damn that’s what I get for dallying with getting tickets. Sneaky sells out so fast nowadays!

I made the mistake of keeping an eye on Seetickets for tickets coming up (they were showing as Tickets Unavailable when it was announced, so joined the waiting list) - it was only when I checked Sneaky’s site on a whim yesterday to see what else was on that I saw it was sold out already. Were there ever tickets available through Seetickets? Are they there or did they never exist? Schrodinger’s Ticket, innit.

Still plenty of tickets going for Glasgow, though. Never been to Broadcast before so something else to look forward to there.

1 Like

I haven’t either so I’d be tempted by that but there’s so few Edinburgh gigs - always annoying to miss one. Plus it’s just so handy haha

1 Like

I’ve just been introduced to Julia Jacklin and I can’t believe I’m so late to the party.

Not only have I missed out on her playing small venues last year but her gig at Stereo in April is already sold out it seems :sob:

Julia’s great. You should check out Phantastic Ferniture too. They’re even better.

1 Like

Ohhhh thanks!

Genuinely shocked that I’ve never heard her before and she seems to be reasonably well known, it’s exactly the kind of thing I love.

one to add:

Spanish Love Songs - New Cross Inn - Saturday May 11th

My finances are looking up! The prospects of me being able to fund my heart’s desire of going to London in April to see Robyn are sunny, will have to take a proper look, do me sums and whathaveyou this weekend. But all being well I’m going to be there :tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes

How was this? Was in the place over xmas seemed a good place.

It’s on Tuesday 12th - sold out I believe which is encouraging.

Narrow Head - The Islington - tonight.

Only two upcoming gigs, and they’re both on the same day at the Re-Textured festival.

Jan Jelinek & Lucrecia Dalt - Village Underground - 30th March
Alva Noto, Andy Stott, JASSS, krankbrother, Moritz Von Oswald - Walthamstow Assembly Hall - 30th March

Anyone going to any Re-Textured shows?

1 Like

think I’ve booked to see the Caterina Barbieri one

will probably get the Walthamstow one as well as the line up is fantastic

The Karen Gwyer/Dj Nobu/Kassem Mosse/Objekt night looks amazing, although have heard very few positives about E1. Might try and get to the Shackleton/Caterina Barbieri thing too but it’s going to be a pain in the arse to get back to Bristol on the same night.

Have tickets for:

Yo La Tengo at EartH tomorrow
Health at the Exchange in March
Built to Spill at Thekla in May
Big Thief at SWX in May
Guided By Voices at Village Underground in June
Half Man Half Biscuit in Holmfirth in June
Supersonic in Birmingham in July
Mountain Goats at the Brudenell in November

Weighing up seeing Anaal Nathrakh and Akercocke, Dalek and Omar Souleyman but pretty sure they all clash with other life type stuff.