Upcoming Gigs (rolling)

I’ve messaged my Leicester based pal with a ‘ooh this looks really cool’ and I’m hoping the request for a bed is implied

1 Like

Bar festivals, my gig diary is looking pretty sparse at the moment. Feels like there’s less bands touring at the moment (or maybe it’s just things I want to go to that are thin on the ground). This thread is great for some inspiration though. Right now I’ve tickets for:

Rockaway Beach fest in Bognor (this weekend!)
Titus Andronicus at the Moth Club
Alasdair Roberts in Reading
Are you Listening festival? in Reading
Red Rooster festival in Norfolk
Kite festival in Oxfordshire
End Of the Rd

Will probably get tickets for:

Half Man Half Biscuit in Leamington Spa
Bob log in Guildford
Bug Club Oxford
Osees in Bristol (how is the venue Bristollers? It’s not one I’ve been to before - is it any good?)
Otoboke Beaver (although not that fussed by Electric Ballroom as a venue so need to work through that)
Fuzz (ditto)

I also have tickets for:

Aldous Harding at the Barbican which I think I’ve decided to get rid but haven’t got around to returning to the Barbican. Warm Chris hasn’t grown on me, and I was underwhelmed when I saw her last year. I purchased them in June 2021 as soon as they went on sale so are pretty much best seats in the house (row D stalls) for the Friday show, 28th April. Anyone interested, face value obvs? Drop me a message if so, will probably get around to returning soon.

1 Like

I like it. It’s not in the most convenient location and there isn’t much in the way of food or drink spots for pre/post gig treats nearby, but as a venue it’s pretty decent. I would be going to this one myself, but it’s the day after I get back from a weekend festival, and experience has taught me that there’s a good chance I’ll be too broken to do anything. Still gutted about missing Phoebe Bridgers on the Thekla in 2018 for this very reason!

1 Like

Nothing booked until March. Last year we sucked up tickets for a few gigs due to weather and illness, so we’re holding fire in Jan & Feb. until a few days before a gig to see how it goes.

One maybe for Jan & Feb -

Andy Shauf & Katy Kirby - Skullys, Columbus, OH.

Then it kicks off big style in March with

Muse in the local Arenadome and then two days later Springsteen in the same place

and then nothing booked until the Arctic Monkeys/Fontaines DC in August. Another Arenadome gig.

Pretty barren gig diary.

Might do Soupfest. Because soup and music.

Feb 7th Edit: CBA do write a new post

Spent far too much on this… the Friday & Saturday

1 Like

A few in the diary, all London:
Feb 6: James Yorkston, Nina Persson and the Second Hand Orchestra
Feb 8: Weyes Blood
Mar 8: Algiers
Mar 9 (two gigs!): Nadia Reid (early show at St Pancras Old Church) followed by Young Fathers (at the Roundhouse) – the timings should be fine
Mar 17: Self Esteem
Apr 14: Yo La Tengo
Apr 22: Emmy the Great’s final show (she’s just retiring the name)
Also, if anyone hears of (or has) a spare for Weyes Blood in Brighton on Feb 14, I would be very keen to take it.

2 Likes

Aiming to get to at least a couple of shows a month this year, after a fallow period (pandemic, growing family):

Brighton, unless otherwise stated:

Jan 12 - Plaid
Jan 28 - John Butcher & Ståle Liavik Solberg

Feb 1 - Metric (London)
Feb 13 - Carly Rae Jepsen
Feb 17 - Mogwai

Mar 11 - Nadia Reid
Mar 20 - Suede
Mar 27 - Death Cab

Apr 12 - Big Thief (London)

May 24 - Alvvays (London)
May 25 - The Beths (London)

1 Like

Just booked to see Pile in April. Should be decent.

2 Likes

Didn’t think I had much booked, but actually got a couple a month from Feb - April. Which I think I’m going to make my max limit this year. (All Birmingham unless stated.)

• Tove Styrke - Institute3
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Institute
  • Bawo - Hare and Hounds 2
  • Suede - Symphony Hall
  • Mary Lattimore - Unitarian Church, Shrewsbury
  • JID - Academy

Almost certainly will try and pick up Arctic Monkeys and Pulp tickets nearer the time.

2 Likes

Had no idea about that Mary Lattimore show. Just saw the London and Kendal date on dice. She isn’t great at promoting tours.

2 Likes

My upcoming gigs so far, all in London, other than TGE Festival. Clearly need some in Feb and March!

Jan 20 - Meryl Streek (and Kyoto Kyoto and Self Immolation Music)
Jan 21 - The Delgados, Andrew Wasylyk

Apr 10 - Owen Pallett, The Hidden Cameras
Apr 17 - November Ultra
Apr 20 - Dakha Brakha
Apr 25 - The Flaming Lips

May11-12 - The Great Escape Festival, Brighton
May 29 - Moldy Peaches

Hopefully some

Have a few booked so far:

21/01 The Delgados @ SBE
22/02 - Untitled (recs) surprise guests - this has got to be deathcrash, which I’m banking on @ The Windmill
06/03 - The Dream Syndicate @ somewhere in Oxted
11/03 - Dominique A @ somewhere just outside Paris
15/03 - The Dream Syndicate @ The Lexington
31/05-04/06 Primavera Barcelona

Going to book these when I get paid:
Molly
TENGGER

Maybe Honey Harper & the Psychotic Monks as well.

1 Like

Where are Molly playing? That album is great.

1 Like

Agreed. The London one just popped up in Dice for me with no warning. Booked tickets - looking forward to it.

Just found it. I’ve another gig that night. :confused:

The Waiting Room

1 Like

I usually head to stuff at Celtic Connections, so I’ve got loads of showcase-type gigs lined up over the next few weeks with 4+ bands who I’ve never heard of. Also booked for full gigs by Orchestral Qawalli (I saw their live stream last year which looked incredible), Juliette Lemoine (cello with backing by Fergus McCreadie and chums), James Yorkston et al, Bonny Light Horseman and Lisa O’Neill.

The Delgados, Titus Andronicus and Lankum are the only other three currently lined up. I’ll have to make the most of them as I’ll be entering poverty mode in September by going back to uni.

2 Likes

Think my dad is seeing him at his own show

1 Like

His was the only gig we made it to at last year’s Celtic Connections. It was brilliant. :+1:

… might have to look up WhaTs on at CC then!

All in Bristol:

Weyes Blood
Caroline Polachek
Alex G
Yo La Tengo

Plus Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts

1 Like