Upcoming Gigs (rolling)

Glad I held onto my tickets for 5 (five) years…

1 Like

Some gooduns coming up in Belfast @thesewoodenideas @Icarus-Smicarus and whoever else is here

2 Likes

Definitely going to Lankum, I’ve never really listened to Boris but this seems like a good time to give them a try

Looking forward to Rozi Plain in Bangor (NI) in a month and hoping it finishes in time for the last train or I might have a very expensive taxi journey home.

Wasn’t bothered about missing New Pagans album launch in Belfast that night but I’ve just seen they’re bringing Extravision up from Dublin to support and would have liked to catch them, oh well

Nice one.
Haven’t listened to any of the recent Boris records (there’s too many!) but I saw them the last time they were in the wee Limelight and it was great stuff.
Stretching the notion of CQAF a bit with gig in the Limelight and The Empire this year :smiley:

1 Like

something about late fees/rewinding them before returning them

Aye tempted by the Rozi Plain gig but havent got around to checking out the new album yet.
Tempted to grab Robyn Hitchcock tickets too - always been great when I’ve seen him.

1 Like

Full UK and Ireland dates on their website

Your standard London and Settle dates over here.

1 Like

Sorted lads.
Picked up tickets for Quasi as well.
A very ‘nice’ price.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Have Otoboke Beaver that Sunday too. Just need a great gig for the Saturday now to make a proper long weekend of it!

3 Likes

Got a ticket to see M(h)aol this morning, cos they’re playing some tiny room above a pub and their album has 4⭐️s in the Guardian this morning, so I feel like that’ll sell out pretty soon.

2 Likes

I’m planning on seeing them twice. With Martin Phillipp’s immune system I really didn’t expect another tour in this Covid age.

3 Likes

You’ll have a Mhaol of a time!

I saw them live last summer. Good band.

Found my mini review.

2 Likes

Missed them here last summer as I was away letting builders destroy my kitchen

Was then supposed to see them opening for Gilla Band but that got cancelled

1 Like

I’ve got Boris, nothing on the Friday, Tim Key on the Saturday and then Otoboke on Sunday. I noticed Ichiko Aoba is playing too on the Sunday. Very lovely acoustic stuff, kind of glad I’m already booked for that night, can’t afford to buy anything else

Definitely worth giving Quasi a listen mate to see if thats your thing and you fancy a Friday gig.
Quite reasonable tix at £14 too.
The only slight concern now is if other awesome stuff gets announced that theres not clashes. The Adam Buxton/British Sea Power/The Fall day some years back always comes to mind.
Quite a turnaround by CQAF after a pretty poor (imho) Out To Lunch.

1 Like

Same!

That was rough, picked The Fall and ended up meeting Buxton in the pub after, but was sad to miss BSP

1 Like

Wasn’t one of their best but I went to a couple of things. Andy Irvine was the only music gig come to think of it. Always varies a bit year to year I find

Thats a bit of a result then!
Went for BSP myself.
Never been a big Fall fan and had seen Buxton doing ‘Bug’ at the Mac when Tom Ravenscroft did his week of curated gigs. Was the CQAF one the Bowie special too? That wouldn’t have helped its chance either tbh :slight_smile:

Aye its always down to whos actually touring and now that funding etc will be well down wont have helped.
These days I’m less likely to take a punt lest I get ill or whatever but even so the music offerings were at least 80% ‘acts that play Belfast/Lisburn/Bangor every other week’.
Couldnt help but look at Celtic Connections with their lineup of stuff like The Twilight Sad acoustic etc and think they should try to team up :smiley:

edit: There was a few comedy bits that were tempting but I’m a bit burnt out on ‘yeah Tories are bad aren’t they?’ stuff from everyone. I want real action dammit! :smiley: Plus decided to give Reg D a swerve after Mrs TWI found some dodgy stuff on him.