US democracy and collapse thereof thread #ssp (for now) (Part 2)

Imagine if there had been some sort of security incident and it turned out the secret service were round the Obama’s

2 Likes

I guess they had to do rotas between themselves to cover walking to Obama’s house to use the toilet. “Your scheduled piss is at 10.30”

The Let them Eat Cake level is beyond parody isn’t it.

Should have gone full Versailles and just pissed in the corridors

1 Like

Also noticeable that the Obamas built a break room with toilets for their security people, and Ivanka made hers stand outside with not even access to a toilet. You are here to serve me, subhuman peons.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like
10 Likes

Biden’s going to have to bring a stock of lightbulbs. Place is going to be stripped bare

Can he… Can he even do that? That’s surely not stuff that belongs to him.

Truman had a squirrel named Pete. I got my son a little stuffed squirrel toy when I went to his presidential library/museum. He calls it Peep Squirrel.

Truman was famous for “the buck stops here” and “Whistlestop campaigning”. He also dropped some nukes :frowning:

There’s a glass box with a neatly folded white shirt and a letter from a constituent. Poor guy had sent the fucker the shirt off his back as he had nothing else left.

2 Likes

oh, what’s that sound? It’s several million more siberian bot accounts whirring into action

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-14/trump-reconciles-with-ex-strategist-bannon-in-talks-on-election?sref=yYYRek8e

1 Like

OH YA DON’T SAY! He’s a millennarian, a dangerous motherfucker. I still think that the Trump crew shot their load in the Capitol attempt, but this is what he wants, what all the disruptors want. it’s the Great Disruption, levelling the Land of the Free to rebuild it in their image and profit from the mess. This is what the ballgame has always been about for Bannon and his crew, and it’s why Johnson is so worrying because he. Is. In. That. Crew.

1 Like

I’m not convinced Johnson’s in any crew except the one that keeps him at the top table with the minimum effort. That’s why I felt Cummings was such a danger - he is in that crew and Johnson’s more than happy to give his advisors free reign.

5 Likes

so…

basically Seinfeld reruns paid for this coup attempt & Brexit

https://eand.co/the-more-we-learn-about-the-coup-the-worse-it-gets-866fb923d4f3

Actually yeah, good point about Cummings, I was being a bit reductive, though Johnson and Bannon are professionally tight

I guess that’s the thing- Boris doesn’t want any specific thing except to feel like a big important boy, and not be inconvenienced by having to do any work, so he’ll go along with whatever helps him to get that, rather than having a particular ideology or goal he’s pushing.

5 Likes

He also hasn’t read a shred of Lenin if he thinks white nationalism has anything to do with Lenin or the overthrowing of Russian monarchies in the middle of a world war, either ideologically or strategically :joy:

1 Like

The question I’d like to ask here is, do people agree with me in that I think that was their shot, and now it’s a busted flush. I know it’s hard to actually put an answer to it, but I guess I’m trying to manage my own anxiety. If something with this much support failed in this way, they can’t possibly be coming back for another go, right?

1 Like

sure they can

1 Like

I think the security forces have finally woken up a little and there’s not much of a chance for another round of organised insurrection like this. I still fear the ‘lone wolf’ slipping through the cracks though especially around the inauguration.

3 Likes