US Masters 2018 ⛳

fucking excellent player, no doubt about that.

1 Like

Being an absolute fud is why he won them too. Outpsyched his opponents. He wasn’t very nice to anyone and kept himself closed off on tour. Wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful if he’d have been a bantersaurus off the links.

2 Likes

Usually back Matsuyama and Haas…can’t see Haas on the list, he gone to pot or injured?

Don’t forget Rahm guys. Jon Rahm.

1 Like

You almost have to be a bit weird to win as much as Faldo did. Multiple champs in individual sports tend towards the, er … more self-involved end of the spectrum. See: Almost everyone in tennis apart from Federer, literally every F1 champion apart from maybe Hill, all cylists, Woods, etc.

Yeah especially if you’re not the most naturally gifted - you have to dig it out from elsewhere. Faldo was notable for being a big unit but being pretty modest off the tee yardage wise. So he made sure he had the best short game in the world (possibly the best ever but Tiger and Mickelson will have a word about that) and the strongest mind. Worked for him. 3 Opens and 3 Masters. Gotta say that’s a job well done.

Although worth noting that his mindset made him uniquely unsuited to being Ryder Cup captain and, guess what, he fucked it. These things come at a price.

Forgot he was Ryder cup captain. In hindsight, an odd choice. But it does tend to get given to who’s the most famous golfer who hasn’t done it yet, regardless of suitability, or at least it used to.

Still trying to nail it like Vijay, nine years later…

1 Like

Yeah completely ballsed up the singles by frontloading with the lesser players and getting the big guns out last. By the time our best players were coming out the Ryder Cup was already lost. Dreadful strategy.

I have never seen that before. Spectacular.

Weirdly, I’ve fully booked myself out all weekend with my mates. Didn’t even realize it was on until a week or so ago!

My bf will be laid flat out on the sofa between now and Sunday night so I’ll just have to let him keep me up to date on the outfits.

But my fave part is tonight, PAR 3!!! Curse of the Par 3!!! Ohh all the kids in the miniature caddy outfits :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/981320495114145792

Fucking love the Masters. So many of big boys are in good form.

Outright: Casey 22/1
Top 20 finish: Dylan Frittelli 6/1

Bunged a few quid on my man Kuchar to win again this year - he’s been there or thereabouts the last few years, hopefully he’ll finally do it this time

excited for the masters

tiger

come on arr rary

tiger

a lovely hole in one on the 16th

tiger

rary inevitably messing up

tiger

ken on the course

TIGER

1 Like

Ken on the course is the reason that the BBC should have the rights to every golf tournament! Always great fun!

2 Likes

I see some bookies are paying eight places on the EW. Are there any rank outsiders worth a punt? It’s normally 1/4 of the odds, so i’d be looking for 100/1 and over.

I went for Adam Scott at 66/1

Also Jon Rahm to win outright.

9/1 for Tiger to get over 20 birdies/eagles/albatrosses.

Betfair are doing 8 places but only 1/5. If you want a long odds punt I’d go for one of Zach Johnson @ 100/1 (former winner, class act, getting on a bit and not that long off the tee though), Jimmy Walker (140/1, major winner with decent Masters form - 2x top 20, 2x top 40 in the last 4 years), or Pat Perez (175/1, 18th last year, played the best golf of his career in the last 18 months. Might be a bit nutty.)

Disclaimer: They’re all 100+ for a reason…

The Masters is underway

5 Likes