🏌‍♂️⛳ US Open 2022 (golf) ⛳ 🏌‍♂️

Honestly fine with all the players that have left for the LIV. Never really cared much for DJ, Bryson, Reed, NA. Phil stings a little. However, I don’t even consider it a golf tournament to be honest. 54 holes no cuts? No thanks, will never tune in. Think it will fade out big time.

1 Like

conversely I think it might linger like a stale fart for ages and ages, the dullest talking point of all time.

the money isn’t the issue for the saudis - they can afford to pay any old chopper 100 million a year forever, so the temptatio for all the players will always be there. In terms of reputation - everyone already thinks they’re cunts, the only way is up, so they can play the long game.

agree in the end it won’t actually amount to anything though. give it 3-5 years.

couold be a fun day today

Morikawa looks in that robotic form that won him the masters though…

Oh shit he won the open didn’t he
Oh god

1 Like

Is Morikawa the one who’s lowest finish in this tournament is like 7th or something?

That’s probably koepka, his record in this is silly but he’s not been at the top of his game in the last year or so.

He’s hanging about this weekend though…

just chilling in my hotel lift watching the action

5 Likes

Good leaderboard heading into the final day.

2 Likes

A Rahm victory here would catapult me into first place in my fantasy golf league. Let’s go Jon boy!

1 Like

Man Scottie Scheffler’s putter is as smooth as it gets.

1 Like

Just as well because his swing is wild :grinning:

No idea how he’s so consistent with that setup
(Fair play though obvs, gives us all hope)

1 Like

Always liked Matthew Fitzpatrick’s game, doesn’t have that closing mentality though. At least over here, don’t believe he’s won on PGA tour but won on European tour. Wouldn’t mind seeing him win here.

If Rahm doesn’t take it that is.

I hit 85 today and felt like prime Tiger in my head. & didn’t even get close to sinking a birdie.

the levels these lads play at is insane (and if you watch the women play, they’re even more lazered in. Also far more relatable in terms of distance and shotmaking.)

1 Like

4 under after 6 holes ffs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s a great round I had a similar recently except I dunked it in the water on a Par 3. Fat chip on my drop, 7 on a par 3 on 14 at my local course, finished with an 88. It’s those par 3’s that kill me.

1 Like

we should organise a Dis golf tour (not in the saudi sense). there’s at least one other who plays… @Lo-Pan ?

3 Likes

Ridiculous how good Zalatoris’ iron game is. If he could fix his misses inside 6 feet on the green’s the full package is there.

3 Likes

He’s absolutely shit

Cmon Matty

You beauty

1 Like

Fuck this is intense.