User icon disappears when viewing a specific thread on mobile

Yes, I was going to start a thread regardless and finding the problem was a happy coincidence.

this is really annoying @theo

1 Like

Raise it on https://meta.discourse.org

would need to sign up

can’t be fucked

when are these pricks going to fix this

It is so so so shit

I’m interested to know how long this has to annoy you before you do something about it

I agree that this is annoying

1 Like

the issue is that to make it appear I scroll up, then it’ll appear, the rest o fthe thread will load, and then it disappears.

cunts.

2 Likes

looks like they fixed it

false alarm. no they haven’t.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like they think it’s a bad change btw. Seems it’s an example of a change tested with a lot of beta users who liked it but isn’t so well received in the wider community so I’m unsure.

I’ve voiced our dissatisfaction there, however.

yeah, read that thread earlier. seems loads of admins who liked it, but loads of actual board users hate it.

for the record, i hate it. if you need back up theo.

1 Like

Thanks man.

We’ll see what they do. I’m sure there is a third way.

some right bellends in that thread tbqh

1 Like

Okay, following the details in the thread I have disabled it but it only seems to work if you’ve selected a particular theme so if you, like me, are just using Default then you’ll need to select ‘Standard Colours’ to disable it, it seems.

Details here

“I suggest you stop using Discourse altogether then” might be the new “I suggest you listen to their entire discography”.

1 Like

“Despite the pain, it may actually be better in the long term to retrain Discourse users to not expect notifications to be visible everywhere and all the time”

RETRAIN.

fucking hell lads.

Fixed :slight_smile: