Using WD-40 (Rolling)

Been using some this week to get some sticker residue off our windows (the previous owners had horrible patterned translucent stickers over various windows). Spray some WD, scratch with a credit card, boom, coming right off. Thank you WD-40!

Please use this thread to record your own uses of WD-40.

Blasted a particularly stubborn skidmark with it. Did the job loosening it off.

Smells so great

I have to use some WD-40 later to unstick the little button you push to be able to open our bedroom window and also the padlock on the shed. I also use WD-40 a lot at work. I look forward to posting in this thread many times.

1 Like

I prefer WD-41

hehehe

6 Likes

Good for loosening screws that are in too deep

8 Likes

All Killer, Polyfilla

4 Likes

Water Displacement, 40th formula

• I knew this already
  • I did not know this already
  • That’s not correct
  • Other

0 voters

WD40 is not a lubricant and should not be used as one.

4 Likes

Do you think the collective members of UB40 ever used WD40 and thought, this is a bit much.

4 Likes

Used it on a lever tap recently because it was making a squeaky noise. The lever tap is now stuck and won’t turn left or right unless I turn it off. So… don’t use it on taps.

Maybe this is common knowledge and I should have known this but I am an idiot when it comes to stuff like this.

I like that it now comes with a straw attachment.

1 Like

Can’t believe no one has been on to say gt85 is better yet

Gt85 is better, smells better too

2 Likes

Strongly recommend it on warm, toasted crumpets. :yum:

3 Likes

You say that about everything.

1 Like

Have to spray a bit on the bolt on the back gate about once every 6 months. Did it about a week ago.

Whereas Tony Blair prefers WMD-45

4 Likes

It’s come with one of those for many years Balonz. I question if you’re a regular user of WD-40 at all.

6 Likes

Used it on the creaking bedroom door a while back (wonderfully successful) and plan to use it on the living room door soon. Miracle substance.