UUUUU!!

Apparently in Utrecht, it’s a city-wide phenomenon (originating with FC Utrecht fans) to make an “Ooooo” sound when people reference the city as a way of celebratorially acknowledging it.

Thing is, lots of touring artists think that they’re being booed.

Utrecht - “What are you booing about? I love your city!” singer Frank Carter recently asked the audience in TivoliVredenburg. He was confused by the UUUUU! shouting in the hall.

2 Likes

20 Likes

ffs too slow

1 Like

Haha I know mate, reckon loads of folks here would have their mind go there first.

I’m confused, is this about the band UUUU or not?

Thread’s still only four minutes old as I post this. Absolutely mad how quickly you got in there.

2 Likes

My Simpsons-sense was tingling!

2 Likes

Happened with Ruud Van Nistlerooy

Frank Carter:

8 Likes

I think I remember Eminem or someone kicking off at a gig in London cos the crowd were doing that BOOoooo that actually means We Think This Is Good

Imagine Bruce Springsteen coming onstage in front of a sold out audience and saying something disgustingly problematic only to misinterpret the ensuing negative feedback as positive reinforcement

Went to le guess who recently.

Utrecht?

No, I travelled by train.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Alright, Jeff Wayne’s War Of The Worlds

1 Like

Come off it, this isn’t going to wash. There has never been a “BOOoooo that actually means We Think This Is Good”.

1 Like

I saw Run The Jewels in Utrecht and Killer Mike said that they were travelling to Utrecht when he found out his mother died and now I’m trying to remember if the audience did a big UUUUU in honour of his ma.

Lovely moment if we did. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1 Like

Poor Mike must have been like
“I can’t believe they are booing my dead mum!”