Vampire Weekend 2019

https://www.instagram.com/p/BswAg1UFkii/?utm_source=ig_embed

3 Likes

I wonder how involved Rostam was involved in recording this.

Colour me excited!!!

1 Like

Was a tad let down with ā€˜Modern Vampires of the Cityā€™, maybe because my expectations were so high following ā€˜VWā€™ and ā€˜Contraā€™. Some banging tracks, just missed that ooooommpphh from two previous imo.

Still really looking forward to new material.

I reckon this one will have more of a chilled out vibe and will feel less overworked than some of the tracks on MVOTC

Yeah Ezra just had a baby so hopefully some nice writing material comes out of that.

MVOTC is wonderful, Contra is very good and the debut is, in retrospect, OK. Ever since 2013 Iā€™ve been excited to see this pattern continue.

Nice nod to Hannah Hunt in Ezraā€™s post. ā€œYou and me, we got our own sense of time.ā€

2 Likes

Also I reckon there will be at least one guest feature. My money is on iLoveMakonnen, seeing as theyā€™re music pals

I thought the debut and Contra were both great, but Modern Vampires is probably my favourite album of the decade so far. Almost six years ago now!

5 Likes

ā€˜Contraā€™ is a masterpiece. I still like MVOTC just not as much as other two. As @nopicnic mentioned their musical direction is just fine. Just donā€™t lay an egg here, which is highly unlikely.

Yeah. First two are good but MVotC was a major step up in my eyes. Increased maturity and emotional depth.

9 Likes

Canā€™t wait for this anyway. Would actually love a VW record that was less perfectionist and a looser sprawling record full of ideas and guests. Given itā€™s a double album and rostam hasnā€™t been around as much itā€™s possible thatā€™s what we could get.

Bit sad itā€™s not actually going to be called Mitsubishi Macchiato :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t think he was going to be involved at all?

I think the suggestion was when he left 3 years ago that he would be involved in the album. It might have changed since then.

1 Like

Not certain but i think the idea was heā€™d no longer be an official member of the band, with touring duties etc, but heā€™d still be kicking about and producing some tracks? Iā€™d be surprised if he wasnā€™t on this album somewhere.

1 Like

I loved the first album and MVOTC, but weirdly Contra is a total blank to meā€¦ should listen to it again and see what I was missing.

3 Likes

Double albums are mostly a bad idea

Itā€™s less than an hour long, so Iā€™m trusting them.

1 Like

I loved their last album, havenā€™t listened to them since 2013 though. Itā€™s been a while hasnā€™t it. Might not bother.

1 Like

i was excited about this aspect of it as iā€™d gone off the debut a bit by that time, but i just never really got into it. think Contra is the best.

havenā€™t listened to any of the 3 in a very long time though tbf

1 Like