Vanilla

This thread is about things which are vanilla and the way they affect our day-to-day lives

don’t get fresh with me

6 Likes

Vanilla ice cream

• A flavour in its own right
  • Merely the default option

0 voters

Missionary

1 Like

Had a vanilla yoghurt for breakfast this morning.

2 Likes

If anything, vanilla should be congratulated for all of its hard work becoming the international standard

8 Likes

Vanilla coke what a treat

7 Likes

Gonna have any humans running it?

I pronounce it “baneeya”, like I imagine the Spanish might.

2 Likes

Well good though slicing a vanilla pod open and then running a knife along it’s poddy innards. Feels well chef-y.

3 Likes

My three year old also calls it Banilla (and also says “Naradise Park” for local attraction Paradise Park)

1 Like

It’s the default flavour for most things but you don’t see any vanilla hot sauce around, do you?

• There’s a good reason for that
  • Although maybe, just maybe…
  • Again with the hot sauce, FFS give it a rest horsey

0 voters

Don’t understand why it’s disparaged as plain or boring.

I reckon it’s well up there in top top flavours of all time, for me Clive.

Also always funny on masterchef when they try and do it in a savoury sauce, usually with game.

9 Likes

Your Spanish three year old?

2 Likes

Also

1 Like

It’s one of the major essences isn’t it? Perhaps the major essence?

1 Like

Not unless there’s something my other half hasn’t been telling me.

i mean it only applies to ice cream

literally nothing else

edit: i mean nothing else that is actually vanilla. lots of things described as vanilla that have nothing to do with the flavour

Essentially, no.

It’s a brilliant gear-check barrier, but the 0 strength means that Aumukua makes it look a bit silly. You’d rather play Ice Wall in Weyland rush decks and probably IP Block as a better all round barrier that’s also decent anti-AI tech, but it’s a brilliant card in the right deck.