Vegan Pets

Almost certainly a commission for chris simpsons artist eh, look at those digits

1 Like

all dogs go to heaven

Drunk DiS is good DiS

i reckon this might be the most DiS thread title of all time

2 Likes

No that’d be more like Vegan Pets (look at my kitchen)

Ftfy

3 Likes

Cats are scared of cucumbers, thats enough evidence for me.

I’m going to have a beer in the shower and if the cats want to shovel chicken into their gobs whilst I do I’m not going to stop them

4 Likes

Dunno, it’s whatever works for anyone, I just think it seems like vegetarianism etc is a bit more than a lifestyle choice these days when we look at intensive farming and effects on the environment.

There are a host of things my child isn’t exposed to including religion and right-wing politics as a legitimate point of view. I wouldn’t care about no meat. Unfortunately she’s such a fussy eater it’s limited in terms of what she’ll eat :grin:

1 Like

2 Likes

there’s a lot of research that still needs to be done into supplements vs normal diet for humans. i imagine it applies to animals as well. they are not a straight up substitute

1 Like

I think my son is pretty pretty glad its the end of veganuary. Obv we havent forced it on him, but it has impacted on what hes been eating for dinner.

1 Like

Back to pets. Our cat Sooty loves broccoli, so much that he miows when we have it. I had to check that its not toxic to cats as some veg is.

Gizmo hates anything non meat and he’s the ill one.

1 Like

Just seems like having a kid then feeding it multivitamins instead of vegetables. It’s probably possible for a cat to survive getting its nutrients from supplements but it’s not necessarily healthy

Steamed hams but it’s a kid eating vegetables and vitamins except it’s a cat

5 Likes

Given what could’ve happened…it’s probably best that this thread became a drunken mess…

Imagine eating dry biscuits or sloppy jellied canned “meat” the rest of your life.

“Feeding a kid vegetables.”

There’s a whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict for you to resolve when you’re free too :wink:

I’m confused why you think it’s wrong to give a child a vegan diet but think it’s right to remove pork from their diet, or maybe I don’t get what you mean.

The thing is, being a parent is all about telling your child what to do and what not to do. You have to be keeping salt out if their diet, reducing sugar, monitor their TV use, make sure they read, etc.

Diet is such a small thing especially when they’re so small they don’t care. I would imagine there are lots of places kids grow up with highly restricted diets just through environmental or poverty reasons and it’s okay in the long run.

What worries me is the regressives have made this bollocks straw man of veggies being “preachy” and now we’re falling over ourselves to be scared of the slightest hint we actually have a view that matters. I fear this, really.

4 Likes