Very simple tomato pasta sauce

Worrying about stuff >>>>>> enjoying stuff

1 Like

Spending hours deliberately warping your now redundant pasta press to get the perfect curve and then arguing about why your savoury apex makes the salt distribution better.

2 Likes

Please keep all talk of my savoury apex to DMs.

4 Likes

This is basically my recipe - I need to try keeping the garlic clove whole thing. I have recently switched to using balsamic instead of sugar, and I use dried chilli flakes

Love that Italians are permanently fuming about being the only cuisine improved by Americanisation.

2 Likes

TexMex wants a word

Let’s be honest, cheese sauce is better

It’s like us and beer.

Tex Mex is a narrow version of Mexican food though (and imo worse). Italian American uses a much wider variety of ingredients and preparations than its prototype cuisine.

No it doesnt. I mean it does if you think italian food is just pizza and pasta but italian food is extremely varied and hyper regional. Given that offal and wierd veggies no one else eats are a core part of italain cuisine I find it hard that 30 variations of pizza, or using more onion and garlic make it more varied then italian cuisine.

I would argue that italian american food, and generally italian food abroad, i a very narrow version of italian food that does not reflect that variety and diet of your typical Italian

German surely

The point of keeping the garlic clove whole is the prevent burning. It releases more flavour then it cut into big pieces. The point of the garlic is to infuse with the oil. Same as the chili.

If you really want a garlic flavour in the dish you can of course add more garlic finally diced, or with a garlic crusher. But you would add that once you have your sauce going.

The early frying process (sotofritto) is to infuse the flavours that will give the entire sauce a base. You want to be able to have a decent enough fry going to extract flavour without burning. Thus crushed by whole is the optimal, most consistent, approach.

1 Like

This isn’t essential. Completely recipe specific.

1 Like

Beyonf the loathsome contraction ‘brats’ what is German American cuisine?

Cetainly if we’re taking beer as a key component of German cuisine, American has not replicated let alone exceeded the German beer experience.

1 Like

I’m thinking of hamburgers mainly

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

was watching that stanley tucci in itay programme last night. definitely gonna make some pasta tonight, gonna make either carbonara or cacio e pepe.

fucking love pasta :slight_smile:

1 Like